18th Century cooking series on Netflix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GotGarlic

Chef Extraordinaire
Hi, all. I recently discovered this Netflix channel by James Townsend & Sons, about indoor and outdoor cooking and related activities. He has a kitchen set on his property in Virginia and dozens, if not hundreds, of videos. He sometimes partners with historical places here in Virginia, like Washington's home. I watched probably an hour's worth last night [emoji38]

This one is about the differences between a typical 18th century and modern American kitchens.

https://youtu.be/axFFUdQdyJg

I've mentioned him before in a thread somewhere...long, long ago, probably. Himself watches those videos often - far more often than he ever cooks. At least he doesn't cook up some of the foods he's told me about. There have been some interesting food combinations. [emoji54]

I must have missed that, I don't remember hearing about it before. I'm thinking about trying the fried chicken recipe.
The recipe for the fried chicken sounds interesting. Let me know how it turns out.

I found that YouTube channel about a year ago. I don't watch every one, but watch quite a few. I really enjoy the episodes with Michael Twitty, a food historian who writes about the foods of enslaved people, and the effect of these foods in modern cooking.

CD

I found that YouTube channel about a year ago. I don't watch every one, but watch quite a few. I really enjoy the episodes with Michael Twitty, a food historian who writes about the foods of enslaved people, and the effect of these foods in modern cooking.

I watched a video with him last night, about making beef barbecue with a couple of sauces. He talked about how the slaves were given large pieces of meat during the winter holidays - typically the only time of year for most. I've seen him before on a couple of shows - can't remember where now. He has a very interesting perspective.

Back
Top Bottom