Alton Brown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chile Chef

Sous Chef
Well I'm getting a little peeved about Alton brown,

Last night on the Iron Chef, He stated to a french chef, "You got to make a suflay, Your good at making suflay's because your french."

Where does he get off to think he can stereo type people?

Now if he didn't have star status, no one would care, most of you probably didn't even see that particular show, Now what happens if some one else did that with another person, that was be racial remarks.

For goodness sake, it was a JOKE!

And frankly, the French (or folks who follow French cooking practices) DO make the very best souffles, in my opinion, so even if it wasn't a joke, I don't see anything racist about it at all.

absolutely a joke....even if it wasnt a joke, how insulted could someone possibly be from that?

there would be alot less "racism" if people chilled out a bit (on the innocent stuff - he was making a food joke on a cooking show) and didnt try to make everything so unnecessarily PC

I would venture to say it may have been stereotyping, but, certainly not a racial slur and nothing to get upset over. People assume I know how to make grits and biscuits and gravy...and I do! :LOL: Then I go on to say I prefer cat head biscuits and red eye gravy. I used to lose them at this point but those items are becoming more well-known. :chef:

people figure i can bake well just cause i'm a culinary student! that's a compliment to me!

Sorry everyone, I didn't mean racial slur, I meant Stereo type, So please forgive.

Chili - Don't stress my friend, everyone is entitled to what they feel. Even if it isn't mainstream.

What I tend to do when I feel I "inserted foot in mouth" , is wait for for the other shoe to drop (the listeners), say.

In this case, no one even thought anything like blame... Now the other thought I have is If you say Alton Brown doesn't know how to cook, "thems fightin' words" ;-)

Bob

I would venture to say it may have been stereotyping, but, certainly not a racial slur and nothing to get upset over. People assume I know how to make grits and biscuits and gravy...and I do! :LOL: Then I go on to say I prefer cat head biscuits and red eye gravy. I used to lose them at this point but those items are becoming more well-known. :chef:

:huh:What are "cat head" biscuits?

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

:huh:What are "cat head" biscuits?

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

They are simply biscuits as big as a cat's head...nothing more, nothing less. A perfect breakfast is country ham, red-eye gravy, grits (preferably stone ground and rich and creamy) and a cat head biscuit with honey on it. The salty from the country ham, the sweetness from the honey...too good! :cool:

They are simply biscuits as big as a cat's head...nothing more, nothing less. A perfect breakfast is country ham, red-eye gravy, grits (preferably stone ground and rich and creamy) and a cat head biscuit with honey on it. The salty from the country ham, the sweetness from the honey...too good! :cool:

I was beginning to worry ! ;)

Wow Kitchenelf,
Those must be some BIG biscuits!
Yeah, ole AB often uses humor in his shows. That's why I like him, he even makes jokes at his own expense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom