Anthony Bourdain Tonight 2/23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BreezyCooking

Washing Up
Bourdain's show tonight is a special on the restaurant "institutions" of NY. He'll be visiting places that have been around for a long, long time & predicting whether or not they'll still be around 20 years from now.

I'm particularly interested in this episode since I used to work in Manhattan back in the 1980's & am interested in seeing if he visits anyplace I know or actually dined in.

10 p.m. EST tonight on The Travel Channel.

How was it, Breezy? I can't stay up that late on weeknights for this show and have to catch the reruns when they appear. Looked like an interesting show topic.

I was disappointed, as I not only hadn't dined at any of the places he visited, but had never even heard of any of them!! Oh well, it was interesting in the same way all of his episodes are, just not from the personal vein I was hoping for.

I was disappointed, as I not only hadn't dined at any of the places he visited, but had never even heard of any of them!! Oh well, it was interesting in the same way all of his episodes are, just not from the personal vein I was hoping for.

As a native New Yorker I watched it -
Russ and Daughters is a very famous and overpriced place to
get what we used to call appetizing - meaning salted/smoked fish,
pickled herring, pickles, etc.

Katz's Delicatessen is a landmark in NY -

I could feel the arteries clogging from watching Tony eat those
enormous portions of red meat.

Back
Top Bottom