Bourdains new book, Medium Raw

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just downloaded that (ereader) last night and got through 1/3 of it in nothing flat. Grabbed me right off.

Really entertaining. His writing has evolved considerably, his observations and commentary are brilliant, irreverent and funny.

he was here in a few days ago & we went for his show/i bought his book. glimpsed through; seems great.

My wonderful husband brought me a fresh new hard-cover copy of it last night. Can't wait to dip into it!!

Didn't care much for his novels (which I own as well), but did enjoy is other foodie treatises. Have hard copies of everything - hate computer blurble reading.

My wonderful husband brought me a fresh new hard-cover copy of it last night. Can't wait to dip into it!!

Didn't care much for his novels (which I own as well), but did enjoy is other foodie treatises. Have hard copies of everything - hate computer blurble reading.

So I can sort of get that. But at the same time, reading is reading, doesn't really matter what the medium is.

Wife bought me the B&N eReader. I was sceptical at first, but the convenience is unbeleivable. Bourdain's book came up in conversation last night, 2 minutes later I was reading it.

I travel a lot, can take a thousand books with me in less space than one. Depending on what I subscribe to, I can have a hundred newspapers and magazines in a heartbeat. See something interesting in an airport bookstore, I can have it in a couple of minutes at half the price.

My guess is you have never tried one.

but the result from dropping it in the bathtub is much different... ;)

True enough.:angel:
Actually, you can put it in a zip-lock bag or food-vac bag if that's an issue.

I enjoyed reading the book on my Kindle. I remember how in "Kitchen Confidential", Tony went all crazy about the "sell-out" chefs like Bobby Flay & Emeril. LOL! The worm certainly turned!:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom