Chef at Home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
even though I watch some food shows I was not familiar with this chef. I liked the way he cooks and for the info he gives. So, what show is he on? Thanks

Have you ever made his Blueberry Maple Syrup sauce? It's fabulous. I love his "Chef At Large" show, unfortunately, I don't get it here.

Blueberry maple syrup sauce? I'm drooling just thinking about it. Sounds wonderful.

Schoolgirl, I think its only on Canadian networks, you will likely only see him on youtube. Google, Chef at Home, Chef at Large or Chef Abroad.

Here it is:

Blueberry Maple Syrup

• 4 cups of frozen blueberries
  • 1 cup of maple syrup
  • 1 tsp of vanilla extract
  • 1/4 tsp each of ground nutmeg, cinnamon and cardamom

Directions:
Blueberry Maple Syrup

1. Place all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Continue until reduced by half.

I have plenty of blueberries in the freezer and a bottle of maple syrup, so I am going to try this. Especially since we sometimes have pancakes or waffles for supper.

Here it is:

Blueberry Maple Syrup

• 4 cups of frozen blueberries
  • 1 cup of maple syrup
  • 1 tsp of vanilla extract
  • 1/4 tsp each of ground nutmeg, cinnamon and cardamom
Directions:
Blueberry Maple Syrup

1. Place all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Continue until reduced by half.

It so happens I have a nice big bag of frozen blueberries in the freezer, thanks for sharing recipe.

I like watching Michael Smith as well. I got to see him at a local food show last year but didn't get to talk to him. I have used one of the key lines from "Chef at Home" for my signature often. I think of the three shows I like the first one, "Chef at Large" the best.

He came to town here to cook for the Folk Fest and I guess he was a HUGE hit. He is so amazingly TALL!

He came to town here to cook for the Folk Fest and I guess he was a HUGE hit. He is so amazingly TALL!
Yup, he is 6'8". I'm 6'2" and I felt like a dwarf (little person) when I saw him at a food show. He has a really relaxed manner and makes food that anyone can make, with everyday ingredients and even the kids wil eat the meals.

A few years back, I went to a fundraiser . I went to the private cocktail reception that he hosted before the event. I'm 5'0". I look really, really, really short in the pictures. :ROFLMAO:He seemed like a great guy, very personable, outgoing, walked around talking to everyone.

Alix! I am from edmonton as well! An old sous chef of mine had a chance to cook with him at the folk festival and said he was a really nice guy.

Hey! Nice to see a fellow Edmontonian on board. Have you seen any of his episodes from the Folk Fest? I hear they were amazing. I also hear the Folk Fest food was fantastic.

The episode was on tonight actually on telus tv global channels but I only caught the last few minutes. Looked like alot of fun!

Call me an "old grouch"....but I get tired of seeing and listening to him....especially when Food TV plays back to back shows of his.
Who can have all those spices, etc. etc. in mason jars?
Sorry folks, guess I'm not in a good mood today....lol.....but, why should I take it out on you nice folks.....forgive me

Call me an "old grouch"....but I get tired of seeing and listening to him....especially when Food TV plays back to back shows of his.
Who can have all those spices, etc. etc. in mason jars?
Sorry folks, guess I'm not in a good mood today....lol.....but, why should I take it out on you nice folks.....forgive me
The spices I have, but without the jars. They would be a pain in the....

The spices I have, but without the jars. They would be a pain in the....

Mine are in plastic dollar store containers made to look like a certain home party company that has been around for years. I have them all lined up and labeled in a pantry similar to his.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom