Chopped

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

97guns

Senior Cook
i was watching it earlier this evening at my mothers house, its one of my favorate cooking shows right now. i was telling her how it would be fun to see some of the stars of food network on the show competing.

yes it is, they get a basket of ingedients and have to cook a dish, there is a basket for an app, main course and dessert.

Yeah I DVR that show. They come out with some wild ingredients. That italian dude that judges is a lil stuck on himself though, bitchin' about use of onions all the time, don't be a judge if your a picky eater. Some of those contestants crack me up too...

I havent seen this show yet, but definitely sounds interesting. Is it something like the iron chef?

The show starts with 4 chefs. There are 3 sections to the show, app, entree, and dessert. The chefs have 30 minutes per course to incorporate the 3 ingredients into the course. And they come up with some WILD ingredients. One chef is voted off after each course and the winner takes home $25k. I like this show, and it my wife's favorite FN show.

Actually, it's twenty minutes for the appetizer course and 30 minutes each for the main and dessert courses, and the winner gets $10,000 - but who's counting! - :dizzy:

Did they change the time? I thought it was 30 minutes per course. Serves me right for quoting from memory. Who's counting? Every contestant that lost I'm sure!

most of the time the 3 ingredients do not match at all, they are forced to come up with some pretty off the wall stuff.

I absolutely love this show. I think the crazy ingredients, that do not seem to match, make it so interesting. Sea Urchin??? I need to try that on my next trip to blue water.

Back
Top Bottom