Do you remember Madeleine Kamen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OT You would really enjoy her book, "When French Women Cook".

i think i will be making a trip to barnes and noble!!

When French Women Cook: A Gastronomic Memoir by Madeleine Kamman, Shirley O. Corriher (Foreword by)

BUY IT NEW

Details
Usually ships within 24 hours
Delivery Time and Shipping Rates

(Hardcover)
Reader Rating:

See All Detailed Ratings
  • Pub. Date: January 2002
  • ISBN-13: 9781580083843
  • Sales Rank: 205,560
  • 384pp

I loved her, she sounded and looked much like my great grand mother...Granmere was from France as was her husband..A tiny 4 foot white haired lady. who loved the funny papers,smoked home rolled cigarettes, made her own wine and would grab and wring a chickens neck as quick as a wink..All they had she had a hand in, and, she let you know it.:LOL: Boy could she cook.

kadesma

I loooooved Madeline Kamman! She was a genius of French cooking. She was very difficult to understand but her voice had that characteristic lilt of the French - every sentence ended in a high pitched, "ahh? OK?"

She's long gone now :(.

Another oldie but goodie was Pierre Franey and his show Cusine Rapide. He's the one who looked like a little garden elf and seemed to yell everything. My daughter was about 3 when his shows were still airing and the theme song and opening sequence (very cartoony) would stop her dead in her tracks. It was adorable. She'd say, "Look mommy, PEW-R-FRANEEEEY." :LOL:

I loooooved Madeline Kamman! She was a genius of French cooking. She was very difficult to understand but her voice had that characteristic lilt of the French - every sentence ended in a high pitched, "ahh? OK?"

She's long gone now :(.

Another oldie but goodie was Pierre Franey and his show Cusine Rapide. He's the one who looked like a little garden elf and seemed to yell everything. My daughter was about 3 when his shows were still airing and the theme song and opening sequence (very cartoony) would stop her dead in her tracks. It was adorable. She'd say, "Look mommy, PEW-R-FRANEEEEY." :LOL:
awwwwwwwwwwwwww thats cute!!

yes i loved her voice and i remember pew-r-franey!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom