Guy Fieri opinions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coballs

Assistant Cook
I was wondering what food lovers and cooks opinion on Guy Fieri was. All my friends who don't enjoy cooking and food as much as I do thinks he is a tool, a douche', etc etc etc.

I think he is an amazing tv personality and his show is so resourceful. If you are traveling it is nice to know where to go eat in that area. I've been to multiple places where he has been to, but I went there first before I saw the episodes, and some places are good and some places aren't.

I think Anne Burrel is Guy Fieri in drag!

img_1166191_0_a784e7294468f2f8d2dcad58d2063160.jpg

I like him a lot. He's entertaining, knows a lot about food and brings business to unusual, out of the way places. What's not to like? :)

Enjoy DDD like big bite when he has one of his boys with him. Seems like a nice person and good family man.
kades

I've only seen him a couple times, but I liked what I saw... He seems very genuine to me. Just lots of natural energy lol

I like Guy ... always have. He has so much positive energy, his sense of humor is terrific and he knows how to cook ! He's good at sharing secrets to his recipes and his DDD is a great show. He's a winner in my book.

I generally like him, but more, I like seeing all the kinds of foods on DDD.

He doesn't actually help any of the cooks, with advice or technique. He's more of a salesman than a cook on that show. Of course, the restaurants featured wouldn't want one negative word from him.

Has anyone tried to find the DDD he has featured when going on a road trip?

img_1166221_0_a784e7294468f2f8d2dcad58d2063160.jpg
.....or maybe it's the other way around sir loin...i reckon that beard is a stick on!

I like him in DDD. Not so much in Big Bites.
+1 love ddd & he's got my vote.certainly inspired me to try more than a few american dishes...bolas & i have said that if we ever win the lottery we are going to come over there & do/eat the entire ddd tour.probably need good medical insurance towards the end but,hey ho.........
so it's a yes from me

A place in my home town was featured once- it has really good food, but way too greasy for every day! I like to go there once a year as a treat.

I enjoy all his stuff, he seems like a genuinely nice guy. He's done well for himself after winning the Next Food Network Star.

img_1166227_0_a784e7294468f2f8d2dcad58d2063160.jpg

That's been done to the death. At least one other thread here. I actually enjoyed the comparisons Fieri and Michelle were making about themselves on Next Food Network Star :LOL:

I can't say I love or hate Guy. I think he is a real talent and will be around for a long time. Is he Iron Chef material? No, unless it was subbing in for Alton (who I love to bits!)

Haha its a freakish resemblence with that frost tipped hair. I think thats why that other woman on food network star didn't win, because she had bleached hair. 2 bleached is the limit for food network.

Okay, so now I know Michelle didn't win (we have the final today). I actually have my bet on someone else. Please don't spoil it for me as I have about 5 hours before I get to see it.:angel:

:punk:I spotted him as a winner the first time I saw him on Food Network Star, long before he won. I really enjoy his spontaneous off the wall humor and he's a genuine entertainer to be sure. He's around the age of my sons, and I bet his parents are busting their buttons with pride.
You go Guy!!

I'm not sure how good of a chef he really is, but he's entertaining enough. More importantly, he doesn't come off as rude or arrogant like some of FN's "stars".

DW and I have sought out a few of the places that have been featured on Triple-D. For the most part, they've lived up to the hype.

Yeah I could really care less about how he cooks, He just has a way with people and triple D is a great show.

If you guys have been to any of the places name them and rate em.
-Since my memory is shot I'll name a few I am certain I can remember

I lived in Charleston SC this past summer and I went to Fuel which he went to. Absolutely love the young vibe from the place. Only went for brunch but it was prettty great.

Guy went to the Glass Onion which was up the road from my house in West Ashley SC and I will have to go there when I get back

I also went to Quahogs Seafood Shack in Stone Harbor NJ and thought the food was pretty poor, and the service was atrocious. Might have been a bad night not really sure. I also think the chef that was on the episode wasn't there anymore because his food looked amazing and Guy said it was one of the best seafood dishes he ever had. They weren't putting out that quality of food.

I know there are a few other places I just can't think of right now. But it is always cool to try the things he trys because usually they look and are so damn good.

His style of cooking isn't mine, but I do enjoy watching him. As others have said, he seems like a very energetic likeable guy.

Back
Top Bottom