Guy Fieri opinions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love Guy too! I went to Campo's while visiting Philadelphia because I had seen it on Triple D. It was a great little place with a great Philly Steak.

He has been to Boston a couple of times. He featured a hole in the wall restaurant about five minutes from where I live. His regulars complained that the filming crew was there all day and they ended up going to a different restaurant. This restaurant used to be a Mom and Pop corner grocery store. It only has a few tables. The food is great, but like Rao's in NYC, it is hard to get a table there. He allows his regulars to stay way too long thus slow turnover. Now he wants to open a bar across the street so when you are waiting for a table, you can get drunk. The neighbors are nixing it. All this came about due to the publicity from the show.

Sometimes I find him to be loud and boisterous. He also acts silly. Why can't folks just talk and not yell? :ermm:

So the regulars couldn't suck up the "inconvenience" of a film crew for the day, that is there to feature the place, that the fallout is "Better business/more cash for the mom and pop"? Sounds like they aren't seeing the big picture. And business is so good he wants to open another place to host the while they wait? I wish I had had those problems. It's great to get people in the door, that's NEVER a problem.

Oh, you can be at a bar and not get drunk, btw. What "getting drunk" has to do with it, I don't get.

So the regulars couldn't suck up the "inconvenience" of a film crew for the day, that is there to feature the place, that the fallout is "Better business/more cash for the mom and pop"? Sounds like they aren't seeing the big picture. And business is so good he wants to open another place to host the while they wait? I wish I had had those problems. It's great to get people in the door, that's NEVER a problem.

Oh, you can be at a bar and not get drunk, btw. What "getting drunk" has to do with it, I don't get.

I am the last person to ask. I don't drink or live in the neighborhood. I think they are more concerned about the traffic. You have to have a resident sticker to park there. All street parking. No driveways.

:)

Guy is the only one coming out of NFS that has made it. DDD, has been on for what, 9 seasons. The copy cats have all died, the Neallys, the Dean twits and yes, even Altons road show. Guy just has that personality. I'd rather watch DDD reruns than almost all the others new shows. Most other personalitys are one trick ponys, which IMO, means boring. Time to throw out the stinkers and get some freshness in the programing.

If I feel like sitting and watching tv, I almost always look for the DDD re-runs. I love the show!

I generally like both of them, but to a point. I have trouble with "chatty" cooking shows and after a bit I start to get a headache. But I've learned a lot from watching both of them and they have some dynamite recipies.

Oh be still my heart, he is my next husband!
Seriously, I really enjoy him, he has great energy, knowledgeable, and funny. Love DDD, and I like the other couple of shows he has been on.
I can see why people who have no interest in cooking might think he is a tool or a douche.
He has so much energy and hyper, they might think, especially with it being involved with cooking, that no TRUE man, can honestly be that way.

Oh be still my heart, he is my next husband!
Seriously, I really enjoy him, he has great energy, knowledgeable, and funny. Love DDD, and I like the other couple of shows he has been on.
I can see why people who have no interest in cooking might think he is a tool or a douche.
He has so much energy and hyper, they might think, especially with it being involved with cooking, that no TRUE man, can honestly be that way.
Are you saying he's not seen as a TRUE man because he is interested in cooking or because he is full of energy and hyper?

I'm a big fan of Guy. He is such a natural, and I enjoy watching DDD. A friend of mine saw him at Disneyland a year or two ago on the "Pirates of the Caribbean" ride. :LOL: He was with his family, so people didn't really want to bother him as far as she could tell, other than to say hi and that they loved his shows. He was very friendly and personable. :)

He left the 90's kicking and screaming. Seriously, the dude is in his 40's and dresses like he's still in high school. Grow up.

That look and personality has gotten him quite far in his career. I say good for him and dress how he enjoys dressing. Life is short, and doing things a certain way, dressing like supposed grownup just to make others happy is just silly and a waste of energy.

A place in my home town was featured once- it has really good food, but way too greasy for every day! I like to go there once a year as a treat.

That can be a curse as well as a blessing. I remember the first episode of $40 a Day, Rachael Ray went to a little surfer/biker hangout at LA/Ventura County Line called Neptunes Net. I used to love to eat there. Steamed goodies in back, deep fried goodies up front. Place your order, they call your number to go pick it up, then you go find a seat.

After Rachael Ray ate there, you couldn't get near the place. They expanded the parking lot twice, put a huge picnic area above the parking lot for the overflow crowd, installed three times as many port-a-potties (the place never had indoor plumbing!) and still you have to arrive at off hours and send someone ahead to claim a table while you place your orders.

He left the 90's kicking and screaming. Seriously, the dude is in his 40's and dresses like he's still in high school. Grow up.

If was doing what he is doing and making the kind of money he is making I would dress like him too !

The guy is doing something with his life, providing for his family, having a good time and is very successful .. I say more power to him.

There are some celebreties and business people who are hard to watch because of the way they look but if you look beyond the physical they are pretty amazing.

I say if they aren't hurting anybody then more power to them.

I've heard that same thing from my sister in Sacramento Sir ... Guy went to a little joint there in his first season and it immediately became so popular that even now you can hardly get in ... double edged sword for sure !

Same problems here. The two places he visited here have created major headaches for the owners, police, and residents. This is a community of triple deckers separted only by a small alley. On almost every corner there is a Mom and Pop store. There are no driveways, streets are all one way up the hill and down the other way, back and forth for the horizontal streets. In the rare spaces where there is a driveway, it is blocked by a customer of the eatery, and sure enough the car get towed. It is always an out-of-towner. Or the car does not have a 'resident 'sticker. These eateries are located in a residential neighborhood and the patrons (one has a liquor license) get drunk and rowdy. This restaurant is located in one of those Mom and Pop stores that closed. And he expanded to another store that closed across the street where folks who were waiting for a table could sit and drink.

Spike no long drives down Saratoga Street because of all the problems there due to the restaurant Guy visited. And that was well over a year ago. I don't wish him ill. I just wish he had never visited our town. :angel:

He's visited half a dozen diners, drive-ins and dives in our area; I haven't noticed problems at the ones near me. I don't doubt it happens, especially right after an episode featuring them airs, but I doubt the owners are complaining :)

That can be a curse as well as a blessing. I remember the first episode of $40 a Day, Rachael Ray went to a little surfer/biker hangout at LA/Ventura County Line called Neptunes Net. I used to love to eat there. Steamed goodies in back, deep fried goodies up front. Place your order, they call your number to go pick it up, then you go find a seat.

After Rachael Ray ate there, you couldn't get near the place. They expanded the parking lot twice, put a huge picnic area above the parking lot for the overflow crowd, installed three times as many port-a-potties (the place never had indoor plumbing!) and still you have to arrive at off hours and send someone ahead to claim a table while you place your orders.

No problems at this place :) hopefully they got some business from it, but as far as I know it's still just a local favorite

He's visited half a dozen diners, drive-ins and dives in our area; I haven't noticed problems at the ones near me....

I've been on Boston roads and I've been on VA roads - trust me, those Boston roads were crowded and undriveable before Guy showed up! Making the eateries most anywhere in downtown Boston popular can only worsen an already bad situation.

Since we don't have cable my only experience with Guy Fieri was the TGIF commercials. Don't eat there anymore because of the commercials themselves! :ROFLMAO: j//k However, he was on the Chew this week and I watched for the entire hour. Surprised myself that I could watch and enjoy him! Guess he's a lot different on his shows than the commercials, but I'm pretty sure I'd grow tired of him if he became hyper-hyping.

Back
Top Bottom