I love Cake Boss

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chrissy13

Cook
This show is really terrific! The cakes are so beautifully designed and created. I think Buddy is extremely talented. I'd love to try one of his creations! Does anyone else watch this show? What do you guys think of it?:chef:

I enjoy Cake Boss and sometimes use it as a filler in my Culinary Arts class if I have 20 minutes to kill. Since I am trained as a culinary chef and not a pastry chef, I have found the show to be quite interesting. Using what I've learned from the show, I'm going to make a cake for my boss for National Boss Day on 10/16.

I've gotten faculty members to give me photographs of our administrator and I'm going to use modeling chocolate to sculpt his image. A miniature of this person will sit on top of a large wedge of Swiss cheese (rice krispie treat covered with light yellow fondant). The cheese will sit on top of a stack of textbooks made of pound cake covered with chocolate frosting and fondant. The words, "The Big Cheese" will be inscribed on the side of the cheese in blue butter cream. A wooden dowel will secure the wedge of "Swiss cheese" to the stack of books.

It should be fun.

Last week I met the young daughter of a co-worker who gravely informed me that she would be turning eight next week. Since I know the family is on a tight budget, I offered to make the girl a birthday cake. I used fondant, 2 nine inch round sponge cakes, and chocolate butter cream to make a "hamburger" cake complete with "lettuce" and gooey looking mustard and ketchup oozing out from beneath the "burger."

It was a lot of fun and the kid was thrilled.

Cake Boss is definitely fun. I enjoy Buddy's creativity and also like the unspoken message that nothing would be possible without teamwork.

I enjoy Cake Boss and sometimes use it as a filler in my Culinary Arts class if I have 20 minutes to kill. Since I am trained as a culinary chef and not a pastry chef, I have found the show to be quite interesting. Using what I've learned from the show, I'm going to make a cake for my boss for National Boss Day on 10/16.

I've gotten faculty members to give me photographs of our administrator and I'm going to use modeling chocolate to sculpt his image. A miniature of this person will sit on top of a large wedge of Swiss cheese (rice krispie treat covered with light yellow fondant). The cheese will sit on top of a stack of textbooks made of pound cake covered with chocolate frosting and fondant. The words, "The Big Cheese" will be inscribed on the side of the cheese in blue butter cream. A wooden dowel will secure the wedge of "Swiss cheese" to the stack of books.

It should be fun.

Last week I met the young daughter of a co-worker who gravely informed me that she would be turning eight next week. Since I know the family is on a tight budget, I offered to make the girl a birthday cake. I used fondant, 2 nine inch round sponge cakes, and chocolate butter cream to make a "hamburger" cake complete with "lettuce" and gooey looking mustard and ketchup oozing out from beneath the "burger."

It was a lot of fun and the kid was thrilled.

Cake Boss is definitely fun. I enjoy Buddy's creativity and also like the unspoken message that nothing would be possible without teamwork.

I agree the show is really fun and the creations are beautiful, probably pretty tasty too. I think what's important is that even though they all make a great deal of money, they haven't compromised the quality of the product!

Cooking is lots of fun and a great stress reliever! :)

my recently married neice lives nearby and had her wedding cake done there.

she says the line is out the door almost every day when she goes past on the way to work.

i've only seen one episode of the show, the one when they visited the adventure aquarium in camden. they actually built a cake with a real fish tank in it! pretty cool.

I find the show a bit corny. It kind of feels like a 'pimp my ride' for cakes!

But, that being said, I absolutely admire their passion and desire to make incredible food. And at the end of the day, that's why I watch cooking TV and that's why I cook, so I guess it gets a thumbs up from me!

I have never been fan of cake myself. Don't really like eating it ether... besides a small sponge cake. But that guy buddy apparently allot like me in person according to my wife... And more so that if I wanna do something IE cook, get the hell out of my way or ill walk right over you lol...

Good show tho!

I'm not much of a cake eater either, but I do enjoy the Ace of Cakes, and the competitions. Even more so, I enjoy watching the sugar sculptures.

When we drove my son to college, which is in Hoboken, NJ, we saw this huge line of people waiting to get into this bakery ... no kidding, the line went on for two blocks. We asked a local, what all the fuss was about, and we were told that the bakery is Carlos Bakery, which is Buddy's bakery.

I've seen the how a few times ... I prefer it over Ace of Cakes on the FN. I often wonder if these cakes actually taste good or are they just for show.

I've seen the show more than a few times and am less than impressed with the whole thing. For one, Buddy does not know how to run a professional kitchen (bakery or otherwise). His sister Mary has far too much say in what is supposed to be his business. If she worked fr me, she wouldn't last more than a few days.

I have seen him pull ridiculous pranks on people, chide workers infront of other staff - a no no if ever there was one, and be bullied by family members in general and his mother in particular. They seem to forget they are not at home but in a place of business. Then we move on to the cakes. Disgudting. They are chunky and vulgar looking. There's no finesse in the products whatsoever - cakes/pastries/desserts are meant to be polished and delicate in appearance. I tend to think if he didn't own his own business, he wouldn't be employable.

I enjoy watching Buddy interact with his family...They can be dysfunctional at times and even childish! But all in all it's obvious that they really love each other! ...The cakes they create are fantastic! Wonderful art! I really enjoy the show.

Come to think of it, can ANYONE actually eat those cakes? They're so pretty! I'd rather leave it as a display in the museum than eat those masterpieces!

Back
Top Bottom