Iron Chef Cat Cora Pregnant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooksie

Senior Cook
4_61_catcora_240.jpg

Cat Cora, star of Food Network's "Iron Chef America," announced Tuesday that she was 4-1/2 months pregnant with a boy.

FOXNews.com - Iron Chef Cat Cora and Her Lesbian Partner Both Pregnant - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment

So - does that mean that for the next 4-1/2 months Cat will be switching from cooking to baking since she has a bun in the oven?

Lol Mike!

I wish I had seen her on Oprah. I didn't even know that she was gay, much less "married" and pregnant. :shock:

I don't care about the "married" or "lesbian" aspect, but geez - the logistics of those pregnancies. Definitely bizarre & mind boggling.

It doesn't sound bizarre to me. It sounds like it was well thought out and planned to have all the children be as much a part of both of them as possible.

It doesn't sound bizarre to me. It sounds like it was well thought out and planned to have all the children be as much a part of both of them as possible.

Are you kidding? What does who's carrying whose egg have to do with togetherness? If that were true, there must be a lot of unhappy torn-apart surrogate moms out there. These two have made it one step up from a circus juggling act for no reason except for some odd personal gratification.

Sorry - & I do realize that this is just personal opinion - but I still vote for bizarre.

I guess we see things differently.

I see this as a way for both partners to participate in the birth of their child. One partner carrying the others egg provides a same sex couple an opportunity to share a very special event.

Yes - this is definitely one of those situations where we'll just have to "agree to disagree". While I do disagree with you, at the same time I do see your point.

I think it is a bit strange in a societal way, but ....
They are just recreating the "natural order" of things, which has each partner contributing to the whole. One is carrying, one contributed. That's as graphic as I can get here. Ingenious, in its own way.

I think that's about the most beautiful thing I've heard of in awhile.

Simply put - this is what comes out of love.

I'm rushing a bit but how close are their due dates? My thought would be they ought to be sure to have them a good distance apart for the simple reason that having the two babies born near the same time is going to make for a couple of VERY exhausted moms.

Is she doing Iron Chef while pregnant?

Chairman: So, Iron Chef Cora, What was your inspiration for our first dish... uh, called... Sweet pickle and chocolate icecream souffle?

Iron Chef Cora: Uhh... I'll give you one guess...

Is she doing Iron Chef while pregnant?

Chairman: So, Iron Chef Cora, What was your inspiration for our first dish... uh, called... Sweet pickle and chocolate icecream souffle?

Iron Chef Cora: Uhh... I'll give you one guess...

Ha! I do believe Cat Cora is known for putting fish in the ice cream machine! :ohmy:

doesn't sound bizarre to me, either. The law is what was bizarre, and I'm not sure where they live, but it still may be. I have some good friends, both lawyers, in Massachusetts, who, 15 years ago were the spearheads in the landmark case (first in the nation) to make it possible for both members of a lesbian couple to legally be the parents of the child of one of them. Prior to that, the person who did not bear the child had no legal connection to it.

imho, the most important thing for any child in this crazy world is to have two loving parents. It matters not whether they are the same sex.

doesn't sound bizarre to me, either. The law is what was bizarre, and I'm not sure where they live, but it still may be. I have some good friends, both lawyers, in Massachusetts, who, 15 years ago were the spearheads in the landmark case (first in the nation) to make it possible for both members of a lesbian couple to legally be the parents of the child of one of them. Prior to that, the person who did not bear the child had no legal connection to it.

imho, the most important thing for any child in this crazy world is to have two loving parents. It matters not whether they are the same sex.
I remember that. I was still in California and the Mass case was highly reported on because of the large lesbian population in California.

I admit to being shocked. I didn't know Cat was a lesbian and I'm sure this is probably the most interesting "public coming out" I've ever seen.

I never even thought about laws governing lesbian couples when I read the article. I was just thinking, "Wow, that's a lot of expense and trouble to go through to have one person's egg fertilized and put into another person's uterus. Why not just use the donor sperm to impregnate the both of them separately and forget about moving the eggs from uterus to uterus??????"

After thinking about all the legalities, I can see why a lesbian couple would go to those extremes so that their partner could have legal custody (without a big court battle) if anything should happen to one of them. So, Cat and her partner's way of doing things makes more sense now. I'm still shocked that she is a lesbian and married. But, good for her! And, they're still asking for it with infants so close together :wacko:.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom