Jamie Oliver on Cooking Channel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveSoMD

Master Chef
Moderator Emeritus
The Cooking channel is running Jamie at Home!!!!!!! YAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I used to love watching The Naked Chef and was never able to catch this series when it ran on Food Network. I'm hoping they will run the Naked Chef series at some point!!

If you have never seen Jamie, check out the show.

Not a problem with me at all...to each their own. We all have our own interests and styles, likes and dislikes.

I'm not a fan at all of The Nealys or Michael Chairello.

Not a problem with me at all...to each their own. We all have our own interests and styles, likes and dislikes.

the nealys drive me nuts. all that touchy feely stuff. and she is way over the top. tell me again who michael chairello is , please. i turn the neelys off when i realize they are on. :ROFLMAO:
feely looks mispelled but don't know why. help please!:LOL:

Hey Michael is from Turlock that's near me. My d-i-l went to school with him:ROFLMAO:
kades

Hey Michael is from Turlock that's near me. My d-i-l went to school with him:ROFLMAO:
kades

He lost alot of respect from people when he was on Top Chef Masters, he was rude and arrogant towards the Top Chefs who had come to help the masters... It was not his finest hour...:(:(:(

I love Jamie Oliver! He can be a bit abrasive at times but I love to see him tossing things around. I bet his food is lovely, so much fresh stuff. Mmmmm.

I've been watching Jamie's show, but am on the fence about him. Very few of his dishes seem to end up well cooked - everything seems to still be rather raw when it's supposed to be done - & whoever is in charge of the timing on the show needs to sharpen up. I was really looking forward to seeing the end result of the pizzas he made the other day, but the show ended right after he popped them in the oven. A few of his shows have ended like that, & it seems very odd. I also agree that he seems to be a bit of a messy cook, & sometimes has some strange food combinations.

He was frequently in the news around here a number of months ago when he did a show stint in Huntington, WV, "revamping" their "unhealthy" school lunch system. (Huntington, WV, supposedly has the highest levels of obesity in the country.) Anyway, not only were his ideas over-the-top pricewise for a low-income WV school district, but he was tremendously insulting both on the air & in the print media re: the townsfolk during the whole thing. Left a lot of bad feelings all around & sort of tainted the show, regardless of his good intentions.

His shows are made for BBC and they have less commercials and some actually are 40 minuntes not 30 like ours. US TV does not always do the best job of editing down BBC shows so it may have been the channel's editing. I loved his Naked Chef series. I actually have a few of the cook books from that show. I didn't get to see his show on ABC this spring.

I liked Naked Chef, but then something changed in him, inhis cooking, his apperance, I don't know ...

Back
Top Bottom