Need to find this recipe.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
YES!!! Potatoes Anna is it! Thank you!!! I'm grilling some lamb chops tonight & this sounds so much better than boiled potatoes & without being too rich. Some sauteed green beans & I'm done!

Just wanted to let everyone know that this was very good! Flavorful & fluffy. Perfect company for grilled lamb!

JoieMichelle, glad Steve was able to find your recipe. Now that you have it though don't be a stranger. Come back and visit! We do have a good time here. :)

JoieMichelle, glad Steve was able to find your recipe. Now that you have it though don't be a stranger. Come back and visit! We do have a good time here. :)

Don't worry CookingGoddess! I downloaded the app! I'm taking you people everywhere I go! I need to figure out how to upload pics etc... I faved a few forums too. I'm hooked!

Good news! I really like Laura Calder's recipes.

I do too! It was a revelation watching her make a simple soufleed omlette, which was fun and easy and who knew 4 eggs could do so much?! That made me brave enough to try my hand at a real souffle - which was a huge success.

And welcome to DC, JoieMichelle. =) I think I may have to try those potatoes myself.

Don't worry CookingGoddess! I downloaded the app! I'm taking you people everywhere I go! I need to figure out how to upload pics etc... I faved a few forums too. I'm hooked!

Isn't DC something? That's how I started too, by downloading the app. Totally addictive.

Welcome to our family!

I love the sound of this, thanks Bea :)

Try Crispy Potato Galette.

http://www.redbookmag.comGratin

or Gratin Dauphinoise!

Gratin Dauphinoise | Essential Pepin

I only fix potatoes a couple of times a year and I usually make these simple cheese potatoes from my childhood! [FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Cheese Potatoes (serves 4, well maybe 2)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ingredients [/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]2 tablespoons butter or margarine[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]2 tablespoons all-purpose flour[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]1 teaspoon salt[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]1/4 teaspoon pepper[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]1-1/4 cups milk[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]3/4 cup shredded, processed American cheese[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]3 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced[/FONT]
Par boil potatoes, drain, dry and place in a buttered casserole and top with sauce made from other ingredients. Bake at 350 until bubbly and brown on top approx. 45 minutes.

Notes:
I usually make these using a can of whole potatoes from the emergency shelf. Great when someone drops in unexpectedly or during a howling blizzard!

I realize this is a bit late, but I was thinking Rachel Allen is Irish so she probably has some excellent potato recipes (speaking as an Irishwoman myself). So I looked her up. Only took about 2 minutes to find this recipe (but then, I knew exactly what I was searching for).

Boxty

Boxty are a particular favorite of the Northern Counties. They're a traditional potato cake that you can serve as an alternative to mashed or boiled potatoes, or even as a light supper with perhaps a fried egg. This is my husband Isaac's take on boxty; he uses cream and not too much flour, so they're good and rich.

Vegetarian
Serves 4
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes

1 egg
1/4 cup light cream
9 ounces baking or russet (floury) potatoes, peeled and coarsely grated
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons butter

In a bowl, whisk together the egg with the cream. Add the potato and flour, season with salt and pepper and stir to mix. The mixture will be slightly runny.

Melt the butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the potato mixture and cook for 8 to 10 minutes on each side, until the surface is golden brown and the potato is cooked through. Remove to a serving plate and cut into wedges to serve.

I may try this myself.

Letrell

Back
Top Bottom