Rachael Ray

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like some of her recipes. Still, I find it somewhat difficult to take her seriously ever since the day that I heard her talking on TV when I was in another room.
I declare, she sounds just like Rocky, the flying squirrel from the Bullwinkle Show.

we always call that a whiskey voice, or a smokers voice. hard to take for sure.

I can't remember the name of the product, but you know it. A dog runs through the house like mad with a frantic voice sounding saying - "Bacon, yum, yum, yum, it's bacon. I'd get it myself but I don't have thumbs!" We got that product one time for our now late, great dog. I was curiuos one day, so I bit into one. It tasted disgusting, nothing like bacon. How they got the idea that it was supposed to smell and taste like bacon, I have no idea. And I am sure that our dog could tell the difference.

I think it's like fishing lures. Most lures are designed to catch fisherman, not fish. And so it is with dog treats, made to entice buyers, not dogs.:ROFLMAO:

And I suspect that Rachel Ray had very little to do with the dog treats that bore her name.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

You guys are funny. Yes, I agree, Rachel most likely never toured the dog food factory on the product that bears her name and image.

I'm not crazy about her cookware either. I thought it was pretty until I watched her put it into the oven. It would be awkward to handle when hot and is too tall with the handles. Cute, but not well thought out.

I like Rachel. But, her type of cooking is too quick for me. I preferred her show where she traveled and ate on a budget for the day. That- was fun. She doesn't bake and to me- how can you be a cook and not bake?

HUH? Why not? You have to be kidding to say that you must do both or you're not a good cook. There are many of us who are darn fine home cooks, and don't bake, or don't bake well. In my observation many, if not most people, enjoy one form of cooking over the other. How many fine professional chef's out there can change hats to a fine Pastry Chef, and vise versa?

I like some of her recipes. Still, I find it somewhat difficult to take her seriously ever since the day that I heard her talking on TV when I was in another room.
I declare, she sounds just like Rocky, the flying squirrel from the Bullwinkle Show.

some of time in some of the shows she does indeed sound gravelly. she has had a throat problem, that had to be corrected with surgery. once that was done, i think she sounds fine. like her but don't have to watch her. :cool:

we always call that a whiskey voice, or a smokers voice. hard to take for sure.

see my post above. hers was a medical problem. before you make fun of some one you should know all the facts. i have a laren becall voice, people always think i am a guy on the phone:ohmy:. my late husband found it quite sexy. :cool:

I wasn't making fun of her "medical problem." Just joining the banter. Her voice is like finger nails on chalkboard. Whatever the reason. But, alot of people like her-regardless. Sometimes, posters need to calm down and stop being so darn serious.

They really need to have "Term Limits" for shows. Rachel has worn out her 30 minute meals, I'll never watch it again. Several others are beginning to really get old as well. Sandra is a laughing stock, although she's doing it all the way to the bank. Ina really needs to go. Giada is starting to bug me! Please give Cat Cora a show of her own!:chef: Dump the Neelys.

Craig

They do have term limits. When people stop watching they stop making them. She might have worn out 30 min meals for you, but there are obviously many who still enjoy it since it is still on the air.

Naw, they just keep recycling shows in the same time slots, everyday.:) If they are going to do re-runs, at least mix the time slots up.

Craig

I wasn't making fun of her "medical problem." Just joining the banter. Her voice is like finger nails on chalkboard. Whatever the reason. But, alot of people like her-regardless. Sometimes, posters need to calm down and stop being so darn serious.

wasn't being serious, just telling it like it is!:ermm: if you made fun of her voice, you made fun of a medical condition. sweetie, i have been on this forum for a very long time, i would be very surprised if all my fellow posters thought i was to serious. i like a laugh as much as anyone, but not at the expense of someone that couldn't help the timbre of her voice.

Back
Top Bottom