"The Chew" new cooking show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gordon Elliot has done a lot of interesting programs but, I really do not care for any of the people that are on the CHEW.

I did enjoy some of Mario's stuff early on in his career but, I kind of think he sold out. He should go back and watch some of his earlier Malto Mario shows and listen to some of the strong opinions he used to share with his viewers.

I guess we all evolve. I should be thankful that all of my opinions have not been captured on tape.:ermm:

I think maybe the studios are expecting the show to fail...
The show is a network production, replacing a noontime soap opera after 40 years of daily episodes. I doubt that its devoted viewers will be tuning in to this new time slot replacement. It'll probably take a few more experimental shows and cancellations before the network lands an idea as successful. The title of the show is somewhat unappetizing and vague.

I've watched this week to see if it's something I want to follow. The jury is still out on this show. I think it has potential, but I don't like the very fast pace of the segments and everyone talking at once.

It's not a "cooking show" per se, but more of a foodie talk show. They are all in a kitchen setting with a live audience talking about food and cooking.

Time will tell, I guess.

Well, it was "uneven," I thought. But, it has possibilities. I really like Clinton Kelley as the glue, but it needs something a bit more. I kept forgetting to watch. I never watched the soaps, but would stop to watch "The View." Now, it appears that it's circling the drain, I'd like to find something to watch for a break.

Well, it was "uneven," I thought. But, it has possibilities. I really like Clinton Kelley as the glue, but it needs something a bit more. I kept forgetting to watch. I never watched the soaps, but would stop to watch "The View." Now, it appears that it's circling the drain, I'd like to find something to watch for a break.

I think "uneven" is being kind. It was frantic and terrible

I love carla and Clinton and like Michael very much but the show is awful.

I'm so disappointed in this show :(
I even like all of the "hosts".. it just doesn't catch me. It's sorta scattered and all over the place, and it's a bit boring. I usually keep it on in the background, but I lose interest and just glance up every so often.

Though I like a few of the people individually, the show lacks any natural chemistry, imo. Maybe things will even out, but I just don't know.

I found it very chaotic. It's like a bunch of people got together to have fun, and laugh, but that isn't really a show.

Seemed like typical daytime television to me. I mean, you knew eventually this would happen, sort of the food version of Dr. Oz, Oprah, or the myriad of other daytime shows.

Why not? It's like any other daytime show. It's there for product placement and for celebs to pimp their latest movie/show/book/whatever.

I found it very chaotic. It's like a bunch of people got together to have fun, and laugh, but that isn't really a show.

^ Yep.
It was on in a waiting room as I was at. I like some of the individuals, but didn't quite get the show. The potential was there anyway.

It may be chaotic, and I find Michael Symon scary with the shaved head, but it still beats the hell out of either The Talk or The View, and Daphne Oz is much more interesting than Dr. Oz. She had her mother on the show a couple of weeks ago, and she is even hotter than Daphne! You should have watched it Hallowe'en week. It was hilarious, and Michael Symon isn't scary when he trying to be.

Back
Top Bottom