TLC's BBQ Pitmasters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like this show, mainly because if these guys with $20,000 grills and years of experience can screw up, then I can be excused for sometimes overcooking a steak, or dry ribs.

Completely removed my interest in competitive BBQ cooking.
I'm just not into having to make sure my parsley is just right,
or tucking my chicken into muffin tins so it is beautiful, or
any of that minutiae.... I just wanna cook good que!

Kathleen had mentioned competitive cooking and my stance is I cook for us, I don't care if anyone else thinks it is good as long as we do.

It *might* be time to get a pork shoulder going. :chef:

I'm ready for a brisket.

Interesting show, really liked how they showed the backyard cooks as well. We count to!

Munky.

Competitive chili cooking has more of an even playing field. No fancy rigs needed.

I have been watching the show - wish they had a tv where you reach in a sample,
if competive cooking brings the attitudes that they have I will pass on it.
When you got all kinds of money and time into your rigs and you can't enjoy then why do it. But I guess it is worth it to them and Good luck to them all.

I haven't really seen any of these episodes, but anyways, I cook because I love to see people enjoy my food, so i guess I would enjoy this show!

I've watched all the episodes that TLC had. Some a few times just for kicks :)

It's not a show for those that don't like to bbq. It is competitive bbq at all levels. No scripts, no sets, not hocking any of their own products, and they certainly have real reactions.
Not all the the people you see from the beginning make it to the finals. One person in particular ( Not to spoil it ) I wondered why he even bothered trying.

Most of them are professionals in their own rights.
All in all it's still a refreshing change from the other scripted reality shows that TLC shows. I've had enough fun with Kate's flobbe haircut.

Munky.

TLC has yet to make a decision on a season 2. Taking bets now it will be back.
In the meantime, I placed an order in with the butcher for a case of beef ribs. Might have to buy a case of pork and try out a few techniques they used..

Munky.

Back
Top Bottom