Top Chef "Sin City"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marcmanaois

Assistant Cook
Goodbye jen, failed to impress the judges with her chili rellenos. And congratulations to the chef's challenge winning recipe "Arctic Char with Salsa Verde Turnips"

Goodbye jen, failed to impress the judges with her chili rellenos. And congratulations to the chef's challenge winning recipe "Arctic Char with Salsa Verde Turnips"

I kind of watched it (In between filming beef with broccoli). Sounds like her food was bland. But it does look like this season has some good chefs.

I kind of watched it (In between filming beef with broccoli). Sounds like her food was bland. But it does look like this season has some good chefs.

Yup, most of them are young and having different culinary culture from other countries. The guy who fried the steak was really daring. I thought he could pull it off.. it seems not.

Yup, most of them are young and having different culinary culture from other countries. The guy who fried the steak was really daring. I thought he could pull it off.. it seems not.

Actually, most of the cheftestants in this session are older than those in seasons past, and more experienced.

I have to admit this is the only tv show I design my evening schedule around. :LOL: Although I enjoyed Top Chef Masters much more.

Actually, most of the cheftestants in this session are older than those in seasons past, and more experienced.

I have to admit this is the only tv show I design my evening schedule around. :LOL: Although I enjoyed Top Chef Masters much more.

I will watch any cooking reality shows lol :LOL:. All of them are recorded. God Bless DVR!!!

The TV is not the main attraction in my house. Since my younger kids are really not allowed to watch much TV all together, so do I have to find what to do with their free time. But Top chef is one of few things that they are allowed to watch. What a surprise was it for me when I did not have a chance to push the mute button and head to explain to my 7 year old what a gay person is. Is Bravo TV a stage to promote alternative life style? Did they have to put on all the remarks about gays on? Do I have to explain to a 7 year old? What is an appropriate age, how do you explain? Really made me mad. It seems that this season the Bravo picked a bad a s s crew to cook and fight/compete. With all the tattoos and body piercing on the screen my kids are not going to be watching this season.

The one girl sure had an axe to grind, and Bravo was complicit for airing it. There's also a lot more melodrama than prior seasons.

The TV is not the main attraction in my house. Since my younger kids are really not allowed to watch much TV all together, so do I have to find what to do with their free time. But Top chef is one of few things that they are allowed to watch. What a surprise was it for me when I did not have a chance to push the mute button and head to explain to my 7 year old what a gay person is. Is Bravo TV a stage to promote alternative life style? Did they have to put on all the remarks about gays on? Do I have to explain to a 7 year old? What is an appropriate age, how do you explain? Really made me mad. It seems that this season the Bravo picked a bad a s s crew to cook and fight/compete. With all the tattoos and body piercing on the screen my kids are not going to be watching this season.

Having to explain adult sexuality to a child, I can understand. Sheltering them from tattoos and body piercings? Lol, you've got your work cut out for you.

Don't forget the ads that ran during every commercial where the lady was screaming about "crack whores".

Comercials are easy, sound is off during that time. Tatooes are not as easy o shelter from you are corect, but 5, 7 and 8 years old do not really need to see them eiher in the cooking show. It seems to me that that was pe-requairment to be part of this group.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I guess watching the very civil (and in my estimation more entertainint) Top Chef Masters dulled my senses and my memory to how raw the "regular" Top Chef can get.

I'm not nearly as into it this season, probably due to the cast of characters. I'd much rather go see "Julie and Julia" again, or put in my dvd of Ratatouille!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I guess watching the very civil (and in my estimation more entertainint) Top Chef Masters dulled my senses and my memory to how raw the "regular" Top Chef can get.

I'm not nearly as into it this season, probably due to the cast of characters. I'd much rather go see "Julie and Julia" again, or put in my dvd of Ratatouille!

Top Chef Masters was truly a delight, but the prior seasons of Top Chef were not like this one. I'm afraid they're trying to woo a different demographic.

Did anyone watch last night? Or does everyone tape it to watch later?

I'd hate to spoil it for you, but it was a great episode, and the guest judge was Daniel Boulud. The chefs cooked in Joel Robuchon's restaurant in Las Vegas.

I agree with you, I adored TCM. However that said, I still am watching Sin City, hoping it will improve with time. My money is on Hector Santiago at this point.

So much for that prediction. My money is on either of the brothers, they've won just about everything so far.

Back
Top Bottom