Tylers Ultimate "makeshift smoker"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, I went to the store to pick up the equipment that I saw on Ty's show and I couldn't find anything like he showed, Am I stupid or am I not not looking in the right place?

Ok, I went to the store to pick up the equipment that I saw on Ty's show and I couldn't find anything like he showed, Am I stupid or am I not not looking in the right place?

I don't think you're stupid - but where did you look?

I'd try a big metal turkey pan with a tall lid - should accomplish the same end, just build a "lift" of sorts out of tinfoil and lay your chips in the bottom of the pan.

All you really need is a pan to hold the chips, a device to hold the food over the chips, and a cover.

What are you looking for, equipment-wise?

All you really need is a pan to hold the chips, a device to hold the food over the chips, and a cover.

What are you looking for, equipment-wise?
Correct!

I've looked at a food store that has a pot & pan isle and they had the turkey pan's but they were flimsy, and the other pan's were too shallow.

I'm looking for the pan to put the chips & water in, another pan with holes so the smoke can come threw, and a lid, but I was thinking using the foil as a tent lid!

Correct!

I've looked at a food store that has a pot & pan isle and they had the turkey pan's but they were flimsy, and the other pan's were too shallow.

I'm looking for the pan to put the chips & water in, another pan with holes so the smoke can come threw, and a lid, but I was thinking using the foil as a tent lid!

Need to go to a department store that carries cooking equipment and find a real turkey pan, an old-style two-piece with a tall lid.

Those foil pans they sell at the grocery aren't worth the paper they printed the label on.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom