What cooking/foodie shows make you get up and cook or go eat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
along the lines of recent discussions of our favourite cooking shows, those that inspire us, and those we dislike, what shows on tv having to do with cooking and/or food make you want to get up and either start cooking, or just go and eat?

lately, i've been watching gordon ramsay's "f word" when i get up in the afternoon, and i've noticed that i get inspired to go into the kitchen to start dinner when it's over. i like the simplicity of the dishes he shows you how to make, so it makes me want to search the fridge and cupboard to make similar things.

as far as just eating goes, "diners, drive-ins, and dives", and "man vs. food" often make me want to run out and get piles of wings, or massive heart attack burgers, or piles of hot open faced turkey with gravy platters when i watch them. sometimes even after i've just finished dinner. :pig:

what cooking or food shows get you out of your seat to get cooking or pigging out?

Diners, drive in, and dives most definetly. Sometime those foods look so good I get upset cause I can't have any... And also The Best Thing I Ever Ate, some of that makes me want to go eat!

Triple D makes me insanely hungry, even if I've eaten. I always wish the diners were around me so I could go pick up something to eat. What I get to eat is usually very different.

jaques pepin. sometimes. what really gets my juices flowing though, are the downloaded food pics of some of our own: msmofet, bolas, pac, luca, timothy, tattrat, and many others. the visual has a most powerful appeal for me....

vitauta said:
jaques pepin. sometimes. what really gets my juices flowing though, are the downloaded food pics of some of our own: msmofet, bolas, pac, luca, timothy, tattrat, and many others. the visual has a most powerful appeal for me....

Ditto.

Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives or ...Best Best Thing I Ever Ate make me want to eat.

Brunch with Bobby Flay and Guys Big Bite make me want to cook.

I have to say, BT, most of the shows make me just wanna turn the TV off, and get away from celeb cooking, lol.

I do have a thing for F word though, love the show. Tony Bourdain does it for me too, and he and I would eat together pretty well. He makes me WANT to eat, but unfortunately eat what HE is eating, and I just can't afford the travel tab he must have.

I have taken a shine to the "Best things. . ." series too, but once again, it makes me hungry for what I see them eating.

Americas Test Kitchen will get me up to cook. I guess because it comes on here on Sundays, around late lunch time, and some of their episodes I need to get away from, so making lunch just makes sense, lol.

Top Chef makes me want to go cook, but Triple D makes me want to pig out. Sometimes I catch the marathons and I'm always salivating by the TV.

I love Japanese iron chef! But Julia Child and Bitchin Kitchen make me want to cook... Diners Driveins and Dives and Emerils Originals makes me want to eat. and I love good eats but I'm not sure what it does to me lol! Also there's something about sweet genius that keeps me glued but I'm not a huge fan of chopped, go figure. :)

Cook's Country and Ina Garten get me into the kitchen to try new methods of preparing old favorites. I like the tips and techniques that I learn more than any big ta-dah type recipes.

I really like Guy Fieri! I love DDD and his other cooking show "Guy's Big Bite." I remember that he was the winner on the first "Next Food Network Star" back in 2006. Man, he proved he is a star! His personality really adds a lot to DDD. He always makes me laugh.

Another show I like is Chopped. Sometimes, I am in a similar situation when it comes to making dinner, and I only have certain ingredients on hand.

I miss Emeril Live. One episode that sticks out in my mind is when Julia Child made an appearance. Doc Gibbs and his band were great! I think there is a show close to it on the Hallmark Channel? I haven't been able to catch it yet.

Jaques Pepin and Julia Child also have a syndicated show, either on a PBS station or The Cooking Channel. They make some pretty mouth-watering dishes!

Some others are Mario Batali, Sara Moulton and the show "America's Test Kitchen."

For amusement, I like to watch "Two Fat Ladies."

coming back to add... I remember being a kid and watching "Yan Can Cook" with my mother. My grandma always watched Justin Wilson. I've been watching cooking shows for almost my whole life!

Last edited:
coming back to add... I remember being a kid and watching "Yan Can Cook" with my mother. My grandma always watched Justin Wilson. I've been watching cooking shows for almost my whole life!

Martin Yan, and MIng Tsai are still a couple of my favorites.

Anyone remember the lil old Italian Chef, Pasquale(can't remember his past name), but would do great, country style Italian peasant food, and break out into Operatic segments?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom