Which Celebrity TV Chef is actually the BEST CHEF?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes you did, Selkie! Bowing to your awesomeness!

Last edited:
are you a personal friend. sorry i call them like i see them. she really thinks she is all that. her and her strange little "friends":sick:

There was a big article about her not wanting to meet a boy with canser, when she was approached by "make a wish foundation".

But personalities aside, and let's face it, how can you judge somebody without tasting her/his food, her food dosn't strike me as something wonderful. Back to personalities, neither does she.

hey, what gives with my man, gordon ramsay? he is advertising a $60 ten piece cookware set (with is name on it) at k-mart. yeah, i know martha stewart hooked up with k-mart, but her i don't like....

I really like Ina Garten! I will say I really didn't like the fact that she would not have that little boy with cancer on her show, but to be honest, I wonder if she ever even heard about his requests. She has a lot of people as buffers between her and the rest of the world! I like that she does not come across as pretentious even though from a wealth point of view she is way up in the stratosphere compared to the rest of us. I also like how she makes everything sound simple and I really love her food! I've made quite a few of her recipes and they are always delicious!

I love Jackes \no swearing or bad name calling just easy going replies to a question
kades,

Last edited:
Gordon Ramsay I think. Or Jean Christophe Novelli. I know this is on cooking abilities only, but Jean Christophe Novelli did a demonstration in a shopping centre near me not long ago, wow he's delicious ;)

my saturday mornings are arranged around jaques pepin's pbs show at eleven a.m. i watch the essential pepin religiously, mesmerized in front of the tv every week that it is on. the man inspires me, and sometimes moves me to prepare something special for saturday's midday meal, from one of his demonstrations on that day's show. but it's not just about food, what draws me to him--it's something bigger than the food alone. it's what the food represents in family, in life--joy, pleasure, acceptance--a feeling of belonging....anyhow, i've been looking at his tome, the essential pepin, again--600 of his favorite recipes (+ his wisdom) spanning the past 60 years. today, i saw a place where i could buy this 700 page hardcover book, plus dvd, for twenty dollars. i'm thinking about it....:)

If you want to be inspired get "Julia and Jacques: Cooking at Home" (the book). You can get inspired anytime you want and no TV set necessary. It's one of my favorite cookbooks, and a few more favorite cookbooks by Julia inspire me too.

New to the forum, this has been a fun read. For creativity, I'd have to with M Symon. After that... I don't know, there's some great chefs there, Florence, Lagasse, THe breast lady, J Oliver is always a hoot to watch, think I'd enjoy him in my kitchen.

You know what's really interesting is all the votes for Ramsey which I don't deny but y'all notice that he doesn't put himself out there on Iron chef or top chef? to me it's like he's somewhat insecure and doesn't feel the confidence to compete with the best or maybe he's just one of those that hates to lose. The chefs who put themselves out there have my highest respect even if they lose in the early rounds like Anne Burrell. It takes a lot of guts and risk so much your reputation, to put yourself out there like that.

For me the best tv chef was Michael Lamonico or Sur sur Lee. Michael made amazing comfort food and Sur Sur blew the pants off Ming Tsai and Marcus Samuelsson on Ready-set-cook.

Last edited:
I don't see how Ramsey could be the best chef. I've never seen him present a recipe and demonstrate it on a cooking show. Maybe he had a cooking show I'm not aware of but all I've seen him in is cooking reality shows where his main function seems to be cursing up a blue stream of bad language.

I'd welcome seeing him in a show where he chops ingredients and demonstrates how to cook something.

Gordon Ramsay has several Michelin stars at his various restaurants. I don't think he has anything to prove. None of the other TV chefs have those notches on their belt.

n
I don't see how Ramsey could be the best chef. I've never seen him present a recipe and demonstrate it on a cooking show. Maybe he had a cooking show I'm not aware of but all I've seen him in is cooking reality shows where his main function seems to be cursing up a blue stream of bad language.

I'd welcome seeing him in a show where he chops ingredients and demonstrates how to cook something.
Seems like you don't have BBC channel. His show F word shows him plenty in action in his restaurant and at home. He also has several travel series kinda like No reservations where he goes to vietnam, india, etc and visits local chefs to learn their national dish and then has to re-create them the best he can for a local foodie crowd.

Oh, there's no doubt the man can cook. I've seen him enough to say with confidence that he can actually give Jeffery Zacharian real competition for the Iron chef crown. He's the real deal, although I hated him in the beginning seeing him shout and belittle on Hell's kitchen. Again, I just think he doesn't like head to head competition. Now watch, I bet he will be one of the next contestants for next year Iron chef and will win it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom