Which Celebrity TV Chef is actually the BEST CHEF?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't stand watching Emeril, and he's definitely tops in the marketing department, but I sure like his food. He's got my vote just for that.

I hate how on emeril live everyone would clap when he added garlic or sprinkled salt. It was so corny and hard to watch

Let's remember, the OP didn't ask you to bash the chefs you don't like!

Bashing is not tolerated here.

The request was for you to name the the TV chef you think is the best chef (not personality contest or beauty contest winner). Take the rest to PMs if you want to discuss it further.

Let's stick to that.

My choice is Jacques Pepin.

It's been debated whether Alton Brown is a chef, but it matters little to me. I would love to have him prepare a special meal for me...as long as he stayed and dined with me. I'm a huge "why does this happen?" kind of person, so a meal prepared and eaten with him I think would be a great time.

I would take that opportunity to pick his brain and enjoy his nutty sense of humor. I practice no uni-tasking (as best I can) in my kitchen and, as a result, have discovered additional uses for some of my tools.

The food, I'm sure, would be delicious. I've prepared many of his dishes and liked every one.

Thanks Mav, I forgot my old shows like Fruggy, and Justin Wilson. Jeff Smith was an incredible teacher, and Justin was most down to earth cooking program personality I have ever seen and funny too.

Jaime Oliver, really simple cooking style

I would love to eat one of Jaime's meals, especially Italian. I find him very difficult to understand sometimes.

Anybody remember Kathleen Dahlmans? I would love for her to come help me lose the 70 lbs she lost when she became a fat spa chef! I always enjoyed the show Cooking Thin because it was practical solutions that really helped people. Her recipes always work too!

It's been debated whether Alton Brown is a chef, but it matters little to me. I would love to have him prepare a special meal for me...as long as he stayed and dined with me. I'm a huge "why does this happen?" kind of person, so a meal prepared and eaten with him I think would be a great time.

I would take that opportunity to pick his brain and enjoy his nutty sense of humor. I practice no uni-tasking (as best I can) in my kitchen and, as a result, have discovered additional uses for some of my tools.

The food, I'm sure, would be delicious. I've prepared many of his dishes and liked every one.

LOL!, Katie.
I'd like to take a road trip with him and crew. I loved everyone of those places he visited in both series.
I like the explanations too.

thanks for the interesting replies people

You definitely do not need to limit your answers to the food network. Any major tv personality from around the world would qualify :)

In that case.......

Hands down, I would like Julia Child to prepare my meal. Yes, I know she's gone, but I can dream.

She could boil a cardboard box and serve it with distilled water and I'd be in heaven. Can't even begin to imagine how wonderful the conversation would be.

There are a number of chefs I would like to have prepare me a meal. I will pick one that I don't think anyone else has mentioned yet.

Ming Tsai.

There are a number of chefs I would like to have prepare me a meal. I will pick one that I don't think anyone else has mentioned yet.

Ming Tsai.

Yes, yes, yes ... I really miss East Meets West. And he was so informative! I'd love to eat his Peking Duck!

There are 2 or 3 dozen people right here on DC that I would much rather cook (with) for me than any of those outstanding:ermm: folks on TV.

To choose one ---- Lagasse

Ming Tsai.

Ming prepared dinner for Suzanne and me a couple of years ago...

...at his restaurant, Blue Ginger...

...well, indirectly. He wasn't actually there.

It was top notch!

We got my parents a gift certificate to Blue Ginger a few years ago Andy. They loved it. Some things did not live up to the hype, but overall they were very impressed. I do not think Ming was there that night either.

Gordan Ramsey, great chef and easy on the eyes, if I do say so myself.

I love Ina Garten too, and Martha.

What do people think about Anthony Bourdain, I know he is one of my idlols, we saw him speak and he really knows his stuff, and his passion for food and travel is amazing. I would love for him to cook for me and talk to him

I have never actually seen Anthony Bourdain cook anything so I can not say I would like to have him cook for me, but if I were to take a guess I would think he would be up there for me. I love his personality and I would love to eat a meal with him, no matter who was cooking. I think he would be awesome to hang out with.

So isolating cooking abilities only, forget about who you like, who you think is good looking, their tv persona, whether you like the format of their tv show etc, who is actually the best chef out of all the celebrity TV chefs ? (Gordon Ramsay, all the Iron Chefs on Iron Chef America, Jaime Oliver, the Masterchef judges etc etc)

Put it this way, who would you want to cook for you if you were having an important Anniversary dinner ?

Mario Batali, Tom Colicchio, and Gordon Ramsay. Any of the non-restaurant "chefs" can't even be compared and shouldn't even be even mentioned in the same sentence.

If he was still continuing on the same path as he was while at Union Pacific, I would include Rocco DiSpirito on that list. He was a certified genius while he was there, turning out some of the most innovative and delicious food in the country.

What do people think about Anthony Bourdain, I know he is one of my idlols, we saw him speak and he really knows his stuff, and his passion for food and travel is amazing. I would love for him to cook for me and talk to him

I would party with Tony Bourdain in a hot minute - he is COOL! I love his show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom