World Community Support

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
We have sticky pages for certain topics. I believe we should have a World Support sticky page where we can introduce topics concerning world problems (not political) that we can do something about.

My fist two concerns:

1. Avoid products made with Palm Oil. Major deforestation is happening people in certain countries who are cutting the natural forests to plane highly profitable palm plantations. Also, petroleum contaminants from poor harvesting practices have been found in Palm Oil.

2. I'm avoiding Nestle Products as they are succing tghe ground water from the Au Sable River area in Michigan's lower peninsula, bottling it, and sending it all over the world. They return nothing to the land, but take away this valuable resource. In case you don't know, the Au Sable River is a nationally recognized blue ribbon trout stream enjoyed by countless anglers for generations.

That's my entry.

Seeeeeya; Chief Llngwind of the North

I like the idea, but I'm afraid this could get contentious.

I have been boycotting Nestlé for years. They "steal" ground water from all over the planet. If anyone wants, I can find a list of companies owned by Nestlé to boycott. I even gave up Haagen Dazs because Nestlé has the license for producing it in North America.

Trial only, if it gets contentious it will go away. Placed in Food Shows, News and Media, didn't quite know where else to put it.

This is for food ONLY!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom