Dehydrating cucumbers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nicahawk

Assistant Cook
On the edge of the South Central Kansas rolling Re
I've had an abundance of cucumbers this year. When the neighbors started locking their mailboxes and pulling the blinds, I had to come up with some way to preserve them. This is after my wife refused to make any more pickles.

I knew how good tomatoes and cantaloupe were when dehydrated, so I started doing cucumbers. They are best when peeled first, and make a good chip to use with a dip. They have a surprisingly good taste. They will also be good this winter mixed in with dehydrated zucchini, y squash, tomatoes, and potatoes made into a soup.

Someone asked on one of the other threads what to do with your excess cucumbers.....well ck this out for one more thing to do with them.

Here is a couple pics of 20 after they came out of the dehydrator. Made 3 qt. size bags which I heat sealed.

Attachments

• Dehydrated Cukes (600 x 399).jpg
    Dehydrated Cukes (600 x 399).jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 948
  • Sealed bags of cukes (600 x 399).jpg
    Sealed bags of cukes (600 x 399).jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 1,057
They make excellent chips to nibble on, same with zucchini, tomato and potato slices. Sprinkle on your favorite spice for added flavor.

Try dehydrating dill pickles or watermelon sometime.

I also can only make so many pickles, but I end up most of the time making relishes. Lots of varieties with ground cucumbers or zucchini as the base, especially if you also have peppers.

They make excellent chips to nibble on, same with zucchini, tomato and potato slices. Sprinkle on your favorite spice for added flavor.

Try dehydrating dill pickles or watermelon sometime.

I also can only make so many pickles, but I end up most of the time making relishes. Lots of varieties with ground cucumbers or zucchini as the base, especially if you also have peppers.

I haven't tried watermelon yet but I did do some cantaloupe. Very good.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom