Apple, Onion, Potato Turkey Stuffing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BML

Assistant Cook
A few years ago I came across a recipe for stuffing Turkey and I'm nearly certain that it contained "Apple, Onion and Potato not mashed Potato I add.
Has anyone come across such a recipe?

Every turkey stuffing I have ever made is started with onions and carrot (diced) sauteed in butter. You could certainly add browned sausage (your choice) and diced apple to the mixture along with whatever type of bread and seasonings you use. Never saw anything that included (raw?) potatoes.

I may have found it in that I have been told that it featurers in a book on roasting by Clarissa Dickson Wright a woman that used to feature in a cooking series in England called, "Two Fat Ladies".

However, when I said that I intended to stuff a turkey with it I was told that is dangerous due to the risk of salmonella.
Are we being over safety conscious or not?

I may have found it in that I have been told that it featurers in a book on roasting by Clarissa Dickson Wright a woman that used to feature in a cooking series in England called, "Two Fat Ladies".

However, when I said that I intended to stuff a turkey with it I was told that is dangerous due to the risk of salmonella.
Are we being over safety conscious or not?

I think we are, we've always stuffed our stuffing in the bird and no one's ever gotten sick before. You just need to make sure the temperatures right between the bird and the stuffing and you should have no problems. I'm sure somebody here would know what temperature is best for a turkey stuffed bird tho'. I'm out of the loop on that (literally, my eyes are saying go to bed and stop screwing up the english language. I need spellcheck on ailse 4:rolleyes:).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom