Artichoke Chicken (Tried & True and then some!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkath

Hospitality Queen
Artichoke Chicken (Tried & True and then some!)
I tried RAYT's Artichoke Chicken and then changed it a bit and boy is it yummy!!! It reminds me of chicken alfredo.
I'll put RAYT's original recipe at the bottom of this posting.

So here's the colaboration recipe:

Artichoke Chicken

2 cans (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke bottoms, diced
1-1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (yes, I used the canned stuff)
1-1/2 cup mayonnaise (do not sub with low fat)
3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
4 boneless skinless whole chicken breasts

Roast garlic in a small pan in some oil (I used grapeseed) till it's toasty. Set aside.

Cut chicken into long, thin strips, about 1/2" wide. Set aside.

In a large bowl, combine the artichokes, cheese, mayo, garlic and lemon juice. Spray a baking dish (15x9x2) with Pam spray. in grease 11x7x2 baking dish. Lay out chicken in an even layer. Spread with the artichoke mixture. Bake, uncovered at 375 for 30-35 minutes or till it looks done by bubbling up a bit.

RayT's Artichoke Chicken (Tried & True)
Artichoke Chicken

1 can (14 ounces) water-pakced artichoke hearts, well drained & chopped
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3/4 cup mayonnaise (do not sub with low fat)
dash of garlic powder
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves

In a bowl, combine the artichokes, cheese, mayo and garlic powder. Place chicken in grease 11x7x2 baking dish. Spread with artichoke mixture. Bake, uncovered at 375 for 30-35 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings

Oooooh. These both sound so nummy. My artichoke chicken recipe is more like coq au vin with artichokes in it. THIS sounds very zippy. Thanks jkath.

artichoke chicken

I made this last nite for dinner-the colaborated one. It was delicious-definitely a keeper. Thanks for the recipe. I'm always looking for something different to do with chicken.

jkath, I made your version last night and it was delicious. I added toasted pine nuts and some more cheese on top. Very, very good. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom