Beer-Marinated Chicken Tacos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookieee

Sous Chef
This is a recipe made some time ago and we gave it a VERY GOOD rating. I made a notation on the recipe "next time, make sure chicken is cooked longer". Good thing DH does the cooking now. lol

Beer-Marinated Chicken Tacos (makes 4 to 6 servings)

Marinade:

1 cup dark Mexican beer
2 TB dark sesame oil
1 TB finely chopped garlic
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne

6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, about 4 oz each

Guacamole:

2 ripe Haas Avocados
1 TB fresh lime juice
1/4 tsp kosher salt

6 flour or corn tortillas, 6 to 7" in diameter

Marinate thighs for 2 to 4 hrs.

Make guac.

Grill thighs over Direct Medium heat about 8 to 10 minutes, turning once half way through grilling time. Cut thighs into thin strips

Warm tortillas about 1 minute. Fill with chicken and guacamole.

Source: Weber's Real Grilling cookbook- pub. 2005

I would probably use vegetable oil and make sure the oregano was Mexican. Cumin is a must. lime juice and cilantro or epazote if fresh is available.

I would probably use vegetable oil and make sure the oregano was Mexican. Cumin is a must. lime juice and cilantro or epazote if fresh is available.

Craig, why can't you make the recipe as written first. We did and found it very good. THEN you can change whatever you want. ;)

A lot of us like playing with our food?!? [emoji38]

I don't so much cook from cookbook (or website) recipes as use them for inspiration. That's how a lot of us at DC roll. So to follow a recipe exactly doesn't fit our style of cooking. Cooking is art, baking is science. As far as I can tell, Monet didn't use paint-by-number kits. :Wink:

It just didn't fit my idea of SW or Mexican tacos.:)
I'm sorry, like I said, DH and I enjoyed it as is and all I wanted to do was share it with everyone here. I am not holding a gun to anyone's head to make them cook something they don't want to.

I'm sorry, like I said, DH and I enjoyed it as is and all I wanted to do was share it with everyone here. I am not holding a gun to anyone's head to make them cook something they don't want to.

No need to be sorry. If you like them great.:) I'm more of a purist when it comes to most cuisines, but have been known to adapt to our liking. We make a take on cabbage rolls, except they are Cajun/Creole and use collards as wrappers, jambalaya or dirty rice as filling and a spicy Creole sauce to cook them in.

Back
Top Bottom