Beginning with chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bake my chicken with rice and add some cheese for extra flavor. I use salt, pepper, herbs and garlic seasoning.

To be on the safe side I would use your food thermometer between 165 and 170.

The nice think about cooking chicken is there are always leftovers.

In the end, this evening, I took the chicken out of the vac seal jar and coated a cast iron grill pan with olive oil, brushed on, turned up smoking hot and put the chicken in till it got grill marks, about 3 minutes per side. Then in to the oven, for what must have been about 20-25 mins. Thermometer said about 180F last time I checked it.
Then I took the fat from the grill pan, ground up some herbs de provence with a little black pepper and sea salt, I know I should have used kosher,
and sauteed(?) some sliced red and green peppers, mushrooms and onions
I made box red beans and rice, and right now the chicken thighs are resting comfortably on the sauteed vege's in the oven which is off.
Wasn't sure whether I had gotten the chicken hot enough but as I read this I see that I probably have.
Wife is off at some women's meeting. Hopefully it will still be warm when she gets in.

Dinner was a success even though I was sleep when she got in. She told me this AM that it was as good as if she had cooked it herself. I guess I am graduating now and go over and read what the big kids are cooking in the whats for dinner forum :)

Using skinned breasts, cut the breasts in to lenghts about 1inch square. Wrap rashers of bacon around each strip. Streaky bacon is best! Bake at around 350oF for about 20 minutes. Allow the strips to rest somewhere warm for 5 minutes or so, then slice the strips diagonally into slices about 1/2 inch thick. Serve ontop of a salad of mixed greens, advocado, cherry tomatos, and tiny cubes of smoked cheddar with a dollop of aioli or mayo on top of the chicken... Mmmm, yummy yummy yummy!

Back
Top Bottom