Buffalo chicken issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ingestiblebulk

Assistant Cook
i've been trying to make buffalo chicken strips, but i'm having a lot of trouble making them spicy at all. i'm making breaded fried strips. at first, i tried using the recipe on the bottle (texas pete), mixing the hot sauce with butter. that was so unspicy that i didn't even feel the slightest sting. next time, i tried to go all out: i put hot sauce into the egg, spices into the flour, and spun the strips in pure hot sauce. still, i got very little heat out of them. what do you do?

Add some hotter sauce to the TP. Get some Tabasco.

I use Frank's and add Tabasco for buffalo wing sauce. Frank's also makes a hotter version of their sauce.

Just find a hot sauce that you like. If you're into SUPER hot - look for something with Habenero peppers in it.

If nothing off the supermarket shelf appeals to you, some of the Buffalo Wing-theme restaurants sell their sauces by the bottle, & believe me, some of them are SUPER HOT. We frequently purchase wing sauces from the "Buffalo Wild Wings" restaurant near us. Have certainly found a number of those hot enough.

Yes, Uncle Bob brings up another important point - pre-cooking seasoning.

When I make wings, I cover them liberally with granulated garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, ground cayenne pepper, dried oregano, chili powder, & Monterey Grill Chicken Seasoning, before baking/roasting them. When done, then I toss them in whatever sauce I've chosen to make that time.

Have never had a problem with them not being spicy enough, unless less spicy was my aim.

Cayenne Pepper....

On the Raw Chicken....
In the Breading/Flour Mixture.....
On the Chicken as it comes out of the fryer.....
In the Hot Sauce Butter Mixture.....

Have Fun!!!

Get yerself a hot sauce:

1848-2T.jpg

That'll do it... :devilish:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom