Can you brine skinless, boneless chicken breast?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You sure can. I do it all the time. I keep them in the brine for two hours. I would definitely not go past three. Two seems to work perfectly for me though.

Thanks GB.

When I usually brine chicken with the skin, I only brine it for 45 minutes. I will try keeping it in for a full 2 hours next time.
As soon as my brine cools I will put the breast in. I will be able to brine it for 1 1/2 hours tonight.

I wanted to add something here, but couldn't as GB's already given you what you need. Be bold. Make the best tacos you've ever made. :D

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I brine my boneless skinless chicken breasts in buttermilk for 2 days. They are absolutely wonderful!! Then I will marinate in soy sauce, pineapple juice, white wine, dry sherry for 1 day OR I will add some branches of rosemary to the buttermilk.

Thanks for all the advise. I ended up brining the chicken in a sugar, salt, water brine for about 2 hours. Then I cubed the chicken and put it into the frying pan and simmered it with some chicken taco seasoning mix (I had to add a few more spices to this), and water. I simmered it a little longer than I wanted trying to get the water to evaporate, but the chicken still turned out tender where otherwise it would have been tough. So I think it worked perfectly, the taco's were excellent. I served them with some spanish rice, onions, cilantro, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, alvacado, and sour cream.

I don't rinse. The most I might do is pat them dry depending on how I am cooking them.

I also pat mine dry.

My basic brine is 1/4 cup sugar, 2T to 1/4 cup kosher salt, and 8 cups hot water to dissolve salt and sugar. Let cool before putting chicken in. Pat dry chicken after 2 hours and cook as usual.

lyndalou, geebs and Alix both told me not to when I brined prok chops for the first time, so I believe the same would go for chicken.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom