Catalina Baked Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Selkie

Executive Chef
With a lack of knowing what it's officially called, I simply use the name, "Catalina Baked Chicken."

Lay 2 chicken thighs per person in the bottom of a baking dish. Other chicken parts can also be used, but the thighs, in this case, work best.

In a separate bowl mix a 50/50 mixture of Kraft Catalina salad dressing and apricot preserves. Then add a small splash of balsamic vinegar and a pinch of salt. Mix it all together and pour over the thighs, making certain to completely cover them. Any extra sauce mixture can also go into the dish to be used when serving.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes or until the thighs are thoroughly cooked through. The sauce will be dark and bubbly. This is a good thing!

Serve over a bed of rice.

Last edited:
This does sound yummy. Bet it would work in the slow cooker as well. One of our new members was looking for CP recipes for thighs, thanks for posting, Selkie!

Last edited:
Thanks for the inspiration Selkie. I made this tonight with some tweaks of what I had on hand and it was delicious. I used some pineapple chutney and a big tablespoon of onion soup mix into the concoction and splashed it with some Madeira instead of the balsamic. :yum:

Befuddled

Onion soup mix, THAT'S what I forgot to add! (Old age can be H*LL sometimes!) The madera sounds good. I don't have any... yet but now I have an excuse to get some ;)

I like this chicken dish, it is so easy. I use dry onion soup mix, some Catalina dressing and canned whole berry cranberry sauce.

At my first wedding in 1972, my father did the catering. He made chicken wings this way. Long before chicken wings were popular.
I sure do miss that guy!

Back
Top Bottom