Chicken Artichoke Spinach Casserole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bean208

Cook
I found this recipe when I was first married and it has been a favorite ever since!!! Hope you all like it as much as we do!

Chicken Artichoke Spinach Casserole
4 bonless skinless chicken breasts
2 or 3 cans of artichoke hearts, chopped
1 package of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed
3/4 cup mayo
3/4 cup parm cheese
garlic powder

Depending on my mood I either place the chicken in the bottom of a casserole dish or sometimes I cut it into bit sized peices and place it in the dish. Mix all other ingredients together in a bowl and if chicken is whole spread over chicken and if chicken is cut up mix with chicken. Bake in oven at 375 for 35 minutes or until juices run clear.

Sounds really interesting. I've never actually 'cooked' with mayo before - is it possible to describe what it is like once you have baked it in the oven, please?

Mayo gets a little greasy in my experience when you bake it.
That said, this sounds like my kids wont touch it. That means it's gonna be AWESOME!
Sounds like an artichoke dip I make.

Mayo is great to cook with! In fact, one of our favorite ways to enjoy flounder filets is to coat them with mayo, sprinkle with seasonings, & bake or broil depending on the thickness of the filets. The mayo turns golden brown & bubbly while keeping the fish nice & moist.

Your chicken recipe looks terrific - thanks! As a matter of fact, I'm making a similar spinach/artichoke recipe tonight (minus the chicken) to accompany a meatloaf.

Tried it for the kids using turkey escalope, spinach, mayo, grated emmental & paprika - excellent & thank you!

This sounds really really good... too bad I'd never ge it past either DW or DS :LOL: Any suggestions for sneaking this past two VERY picky eaters who scowl at me, and threaten great bodily harm, every time I so much as glance at an artichoke?

that's what immersion blenders are for ;) !

IMO, any recipe with artichoke and spinach HAS to be yummy! Thanks so much!

You know, six six, if you quarter the artichoke hearts, heat them up (either nuke or steam) and serve them with little individual bowls of melted butter (I like to add a smashed clove of garlic and a few squeezes of lemon to my butter) to dunk the artichoke chunks in, you may have a couple of converts.

Serve it to yourself, and make them try just one chunk each. SO good!

Lee

Back
Top Bottom