Chicken Breasts, rice, soup & chicken stuffing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marlene2

Cook
Does anyone have a recipe for a casserole that includes these items. I can find one for rice, soup & chicken breasts, but nothing that tells me about putting the chicken stuffing on top and baking. Would I cook my rice first or could I put it in raw. Would the stuffing soak up too much of the sauce if I did it this way?

i have made a casserole with pork and the stuffing. put apple pie filling in bottom of casserole or 9 by 13 if making a lot. i break up the apples. brown chops (chicken) put on top apples. make stuffing, i usually do from scratch. put it over chops and bake. i would not have rice and stuffing at the same meal. carb overload. course you could do as you like. very rarely and i mean very rarely do i use uncooked rice in a casserole.

this gives you an idea. so i'll bet you can think of many combinations to use. good luck

Most recipes I've seen call for either rice OR stuffing, not both. That's a lot of starch. I would think that using raw rice (and the right amount of liquid for that) would take longer, and then the stuffing would be over cooked. If you like some of those other rices that take less time to cook, you could try that.
Have you eaten this type of casserole before?

I am not worried about the carb overload or anything else. I have a recipe for uncooked rice, soup and chicken breasts and was wondering if putting the dressing on top would work. I have to agree though that the dressing would probably be overdone by the time the rice was cooked. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom