Chicken Cordon Bleu (My Way)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoshBenske

Assistant Cook
Hi All,

Im new here so I thought Id pop in and make a post.

Here is my take on a "Cordon Bleu" style stuffed chicken breast.

Take a chicken breast, Butterfly it. Stuff it with a little bit of Proscuitto and Mozzarella cheese. Close the breast back up and use toothpicks to secure while cooking, remove after cooked.

Bread the Chicken breasts in seasoned bread crumb's. Sear them in Olive oil, then place on a baking sheet pan and bake at 375 for about 18-20 minutes or until the chicken reaches 165 degrees farenheit in the center.

I served it with Julienned Zuchinni and Red bell peppers. I blanched the Zuchinni very lightly, and then browned some butter, and sauteed the Zuchinni with the Red peppers, and then seasoned. This is served alongside baby new potato's, that were tossed in olive oil and salt, pepper, and rosemary, after cutting the circular peel band around the potato, and then roasted.

For dessert were Pear's. Poached in a Red wine Simple-Syrup, with Creme Anglaise.

Poached Pear's

As many Pear's as desired

1 Cup water
1 Cup Sugar
2 cups red wine

Peel the pear using a Paring knife, and then half them. Remove the seeds and the stem, but leave the exterior stem on, for presentation.

Mix all and bring to a boil until reduced by half. Reduce the heat slightly, to avoid burning the Syrup mixture. Gently add the pears in, and Poach on each side for about 10 minutes.

Josh Benske

Attachments

• Chicken.JPG
    Chicken.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 219
  • poachedpears.JPG
    poachedpears.JPG
    10.6 KB · Views: 221
Wow! Looks great. =)

I'm going to try that pear recipe, they are one of my favorite fruits and I'm always looking for new ways to try them.

:heart:
Z

Hi Josh - a big warm welcome to DC! You are clearly at home here!!!

These recipes & pics look fantastic! Thanks for sharing them with us! The idea of using prosciutto reminds me slightly of a classic Italian dish called veal scalloppini that uses prosciutto and fresh sage.

What seasonings did you use with the sauteed vegetables?

[font=verdana, geneva, helvetica][/font]

I used salt, pepper, and a splash of red wine vinager.

Thanks for the comments all.

Josh

Piccolina said:
Hi Josh - a big warm welcome to DC! You are clearly at home here!!!

These recipes & pics look fantastic! Thanks for sharing them with us! The idea of using prosciutto reminds me slightly of a classic Italian dish called veal scalloppini that uses prosciutto and fresh sage.

What seasonings did you use with the sauteed vegetables?

Pear's are great, I have been poaching them a lot lately actually. Sometimes I add Orange peels in the poaching syrup, it adds a little bit more flavor.

To make the Creme Anglaise just mix About 2 cups heavy cream with 2 eggs, 3/4's cup sugar and about a tablespoon of vanilla in a double boiler, or a sauce pot over low heat, and bring to a soft boil,stirring often so as not to burn the cream, and cook until reduced. Then I like to put it in clear squirt bottles ( You can find them at Kitchen Supply stores, or walmart, Lots of places have them) so its easier to Dress onto the plate.

Hope you enjoy it,

Josh

Zereh said:
Wow! Looks great. =)

I'm going to try that pear recipe, they are one of my favorite fruits and I'm always looking for new ways to try them.

:heart:
Z

13.gif
Whoa, you are still a student?? I just took a look at your profile thinking that you are a seasoned professional chef!! You got a bright future ahead of you, judging from these pictures!! They both look absolutely brilliant!!
38.gif
I hope you will be able to share some of your expertise with us here often!!

p.s. you have the same birthday as I do!! how cool is that!!
4.gif

I recently saw a television show that they added Grenadine syrup with the wine. It caused the pears to take on more of a red color. I believe the recipe was OJ, Grenadine and Redwine. I don't know the amounts though.
After the pears were removed, the sause was reduced about 1/2 and drizzled over the pear. I think they served vanilla ice cream with it.

Back
Top Bottom