Chicken Hawaiian

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Mix together 1 small bottle of Russian salad dressing, 1-13 oz. apricot jam and 1 env. of dry onion soup mix. Pour over 3 lbs. of chicken pieces in a baking pan. bake uncovered 2 hours. If I find the chix getting rather dry I add either some white wine or some chix broth. We like this with rice, green salad and Brussels sprouts
kades

Last edited:
I do a similar dish. I put the chicken in a crockpot with the bottle of Russian dressing and a can of crushed pineapple. It makes a nice sauce and we serve it with plain rice that we pour the sauce over.

I wonder if this would still absorb the flavor and be kind of sticky if it were only cooked for 45 minutes. Or would the sauce not reduce enough yo stick to the chicken well?

I wonder if this would still absorb the flavor and be kind of sticky if it were only cooked for 45 minutes. Or would the sauce not reduce enough yo stick to the chicken well?
never tried it in a c/p but plan to this weekend over some pork tenderloin will see what it does with that.
kades

I do a similar dish. I put the chicken in a crockpot with the bottle of Russian dressing and a can of crushed pineapple. It makes a nice sauce and we serve it with plain rice that we pour the sauce over.
Thanks for the idea will give it a try this week sometime.
kades

What a great ingredients combo and pretty easy recipe. I bet this would be a good sauce for chicken wings, which conveniently come in 3 lb packages. Slow baked until they are nice and sticky on your fingers and some of the the sauce gets stuck in my beard.

( I am apparently a messy eater, even without trying-- when our kids were little, they would tease me as I practically need a bib when eating a burger whopper. To get back at them, I would sometimes ask after a Particularly good dinner where I thoroughly enjoyed my self from mouth to elbows and in-between, I would ask, now Who wants an After dinner Kiss !?!) :LOL:

I used to have a bottle of Russian Dressing taking up space in the frig. I bet you made me use it up last summer when you posted this, didn't you ! ;)

Well, no bets about this. This time I copied it down and put it in my Menu List so I will find it when the weather gets a wee bit colder and I make oven chicken instead of grilled chickens. Won't be long. Thanks

What a great ingredients combo and pretty easy recipe. I bet this would be a good sauce for chicken wings, which conveniently come in 3 lb packages. Slow baked until they are nice and sticky on your fingers and some of the the sauce gets stuck in my beard.

( I am apparently a messy eater, even without trying-- when our kids were little, they would tease me as I practically need a bib when eating a burger whopper. To get back at them, I would sometimes ask after a Particularly good dinner where I thoroughly enjoyed my self from mouth to elbows and in-between, I would ask, now Who wants an After dinner Kiss !?!) :LOL:

I used to have a bottle of Russian Dressing taking up space in the frig. I bet you made me use it up last summer when you posted this, didn't you ! ;)

Well, no bets about this. This time I copied it down and put it in my Menu List so I will find it when the weather gets a wee bit colder and I make oven chicken instead of grilled chickens. Won't be long. Thanks
your welcome:LOL: enjoy the oven Hawaiian chicken I plan to try it this way as well.
kades

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom