Chicken Liver Pate'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Especially for Linda0818:

Chief Longwind's Chicken Liver Pate':

Ingredients:
1 ½ lb chicken livers
2 sticks butter
1 tbs. Morten’s Quick Cure
1 tsp. sugar
¼ tsp. garlic powder
1 onion, diced
1/8 tsp. powdered ginger
1/4 tsp. white pepper
¼ tsp. Sage
2 cups water

Place the water into a sauce pan along with the Quick Cure and bring to a boil. Add the chicken livers and onions, and cook until the livers are just barely done. Over cooking will make them mealy rather than smooth and creamy.
Drain the pan and place the ingredients into your blender with the remaining ingredients. Blend until silky smooth. Pour into a covered container and chill in the fridge for two hours. Enjoy.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Thank you!!! :flowers:

I'm going to look for the Quick Cure. Have never used it before, but if it maintains the pinkish color of the livers and adds flavor, that sounds good to me.

I can't wait to try this. I haven't had a good liver pate in way too long.

Printing it now!

This is also very good made with pork liver. Beef liver is a little too strong. Goose, or duck liver would work as well. Don't use polar bear liver. It will literally kill you from carotene poisoning.:ohmy:

ok, have to ask.... what is 'quick cure'?

Morton's Quick Cure is a product used to cure meats. It's a combination of salt, sugar, both sodium nitrate and sodium nitrite, which keeps the meat pink, like hot dogs, bologna, etc., and prevents nasty micro critters from growing inside dried sausages such as salumi. It also helps with flavor.

Back
Top Bottom