Chicken question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kimbaby

Executive Chef
just wondering what all you of you use to season your fried chicken with(before frying)?
(I posted this here,hope its not in the wrong spot...:) )

I USE flour and pepper and this stuff I found at the grocery store, its called fried chicken seasoning... its pretty tasty,I also ad a bout 1/2 cup itialin bread crumbs... :)

Marinate for an hour in buttermilk. Dip in flour seasoned with salt, pepper and paprika.

If I remember right, a couple years ago, I posted my recipe for basic fried chicken. Run a search on this board, cross-referencing my handle with "Fried Chicken", and you should get the recipe.

Basically, the recipe calls to marinate the chicken in water, eggs, and a mix of Lawry's Seasoned salt, and McCormick Broiled Steak Seasoning. I've since realized that this recipe is more of a brine than a marinade. I also mix some of the same seasonings into the flour when I bread the chicken for frying.

I "marinate" my chicken pieces by tossing it in a mixture of 1/2 salt, 1/2 garlic powder, and 1/2 cayene pepper. Let this rest in the frige for at least 1/2 hour.

then toss in a plastic or paper bag containing flour and more of the salt/garlic/pepper mix.

this will make a great chicken!

I marinate mine with buttermilk and cayenne. I coat it in flour, cayenne, paprika, oregano, kosher salt, pepper and garlic.

I just use plain old salt & pepper, both on the chicken and in the flour. It's enough for me.

I saw Paula Deen frying shrimp & oysters yesterday, and she said she did them just like her chicken. She beat up eggs and put a LOT of Texas Pete hot sauce in them, until the eggs looked red. She'd dip her meat in the eggs, then dredge in the flour, then into the hot grease. If you like your chicken hot & spicy, I'll bet that would be real good.

Back
Top Bottom