Chicken Tikka

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amber

Executive Chef
3 1/4 cups of cubed chicken
1 tsp. chopped fresh ginger
1 tsp chopped garlic
1 tsp. ground chiles
1/4 tsp ground tumeric
1 tsp salt
2/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
4 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
1 tbsp. vegetable oil

Method:

In a medium bowl, combine the chicken pieces, ginger, garlic, ground chilies, tumeric, salt, yogurt, lemon juice and cilantro and marinate for at least two hours.

Place on a broiler pan or in a flameproof dish lined with foil and baste with the oil.

Preheat the broiler to medium. Broil the chicken for 15-20 minutes, until cooked, turning and basting two or three times. Serve with garnish ingredients

Garnish ingredients:

1 small onion cut into rings
lime wedges
mixed salad greens
fresh cilantro
tomatoe slices
jalapeno slices

Tip: it easiest to place the chicken on kabob sticks

Amber,
I am going to pick up the ingredients for this dish tonight so I can throw it in the marinade before I go to work tomorrow. Can you elaborate on the gound chili for me. Is it a particular spice or just something like cayenne?

Last edited:
This recipe was fantastic. I did make a few changes to it though. I marinated it for 24 hours.

I didn't bast it, I just put it under the boiler and drained off the juice so it would get a nice crust like the restaurant here serves it.

I served it on top of lettuce pieces drizzled with a tiny bit of red wine vinegar and olive oil. Also along side I served it with lemon wedges, tomatoes and schallots.

I have a picture of it on image shack if you want to see how it turned out.
http://img293.echo.cx/my.php?image=chickentikka0030pz.jpg

That picture looks fantastic abj! So sorry I didnt see your question about the chilies until today, but I used cayenne pepper. It's always great when people report back on recipes, so glad you liked it.

Amber, I ended up using chili powder which worked out great. Next time I will try cayenne and see if I notice any difference.

Back
Top Bottom