Chicken tray bake 'alla Pugliese'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dash!You're absolutely right! I always seem to make mistakes like that! As you keep an eye on it, you will know whether or not it needs adjusting either way a little bit. Thanks for picking me up on that!

di reston

Enough is never as a feast Oscar Wlde

I finally got around to trying this. I had to make some modifications, because I don't eat potatoes or cooked tomatoes. I used a chicken leg cut into thigh and drumstick. I used carrot, onion, celeriac, and turnip. It was delicious, but there was almost no liquid, just a few drops here and there. Why would that be? Any suggestions?

taxy, The tomatoes you're omitting would add a fair amount of liquid.

Also a whole chicken has more fat than just legs and thighs. If your chicken legs were whole, as in 'with back bone', roast that back bone as well and reserve after cooking to make stock.

A squiggle of oil half way thru roasting would help if you found it a bit too dry.

Thanks for the suggestions Dragn. No, it wasn't dry at all. And, I do realize that the tomatoes would have added liquid, but it's not worth it to me to hurt the next day.

LOL - no, no, I knew why you left them out. I too have problems with my arthritis. Luckily tomatoes are not a big trigger for me - at least not yet. Greens, spinach, asparagus, etc. Shellfish are the worst. Naturally all my favourites. :rolleyes:

There are times I just go ahead and eat them anyhow - then suffer the next day. :ermm:

I bet there would have been more liquid if I had remembered to add 'shrooms to that tray. I even have a bunch of portobellos. Oh well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom