Chicken with creamy cheese sauce! TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pdswife

Chef Extraordinaire
I made this for dinner last night and it was wonderful! Warm, delish, and a new comfort food for sure!!

Chicken
1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts sliced ( I used thighs)
flour, salt, pepper, olive oil, 1/4 cup white wine

Sauce
1/2 cup bacon ( I used pancetta) diced small
6 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons chopped garlic
1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, don't use the oil packed ones
3/4 cup Gouda cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
1 /1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 teaspoon rosemary dried
3 sliced artichoke hearts sliced (canned)
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
salt and pepper to taste
pasta

Mix the flour with salt and pepper
and dust chicken pieces with it. Warm your olive oil and then fry your chicken until browned on both sides. About 10 minutes. Add your wine..heat and set aside.

Saute Pancetta until it's nice and brown and just a little crispy.
Turn down your heat and add the butter after it's melted add the tomatoes and garlic. Cook until the garlic is soft but not browned.

Mix your milk, cream and cornstarch and then add it to your tomato mixture. Turn up the heat a little and cook until it all starts to get nice and thick. Add in all that good cheese. After it melts you can add everything else including the chicken.

Mix well and serve over the pasta of your choice!:chef::chef::chef: ENJOY!

Looks wonderful Pds..Have copied and this just might be sunday's dinner..Thank you
kades

LOL!! I forgot to add the milk and cream to the ingredient list! It's pretty important to add those!!

I'd be extreamly proud if you used one of my recipes C.J.!!!!

YUM! I have all the ingredients and it sounds yummy. I think I'll put this on the menu this week too.

I didn't even get half way through the ingredients and I was already in love!!! (with the dish that is, although you are pretty great too!!):mrgreen::mrgreen:

Thank you for posting!!!

I've never tried it Glorie...but I don't see why you couldn't do it that way. You might want to add a little more corn starch to thicken it up a little bit.

Hi.. you can leave the wine and the artichoke hearts out Diva. It would still be really wonderful!

That sounds really good, not sure how I missed it the 1st time....

So you were eating light that day then eh?
:)

yeah!! And the next two days lunches didn't do any harm to the thighs either!

Back
Top Bottom