Chicken with Smashed Potatoes, Potpie Style

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BakersDozen

Senior Cook
:) Chicken with Smashed Potatoes, Potpie Style

1 1/2 pounds baby red potatoes, each cut in half
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
4 medium skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves (about 1 1/4 pounds)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 1/2 cups matchstick-thin carrots (about half 10-ounce bag)
1 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup heavy or whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon, crumbled
1 cup tiny frozen peas, thawed
1 tablespoon margarine or butter
Tarragon sprigs for garnish

In 5-quart Dutch oven, place potatoes with water to cover; heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 12 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender. While potatoes are cooking, in nonstick 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; cook 6 minutes. Turn chicken over. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook 8 minutes longer or until juices run clear when thickest part of chicken is pierced with knife. Transfer chicken to plate; keep warm. To same skillet, add carrots, broth, cream, and dried tarragon; cover and cook over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until carrots are tender. Remove skillet from heat and stir in peas. Coarsely mash potatoes with margarine and remaining salt and pepper. Spoon potatoes onto platter; top with chicken and vegetable mixture. Garnish with tarragon.

ivillage - Recipes

sounds GOOD, baker's!
grrrrrrrrrr, finally get to watch my family (and myself!) turn into gorgers should i present this dish, lol!
oh, is threre SAGE (this herb i'm hooked on).... (not THATTTTT kind of herb, my goodness, i outgrew THAT one at 18 years old, lol! in the dish????????)

luvs, I imagine you could toss some sage in there. Certainly wouldn't do any harm and it might even make it tastier. Tell us how it went.

Back
Top Bottom