Cooking 2 Chickens together

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Douzer77

Senior Cook
Greetings everybody,

If I want to cook 2 chickens in the same oven at the same time do I add both weights together and work out times for the combined weight?:rolleyes:

No, you cook them for the only the amount of time you'd cook one chicken. You're not cooking a 15 pound bird, you are cooking 2 7 pound birds, and a 7 pound bird, even sitting next to another 7 pound bird will cook in an hour and a half.
Just make sure you temp them both, especially in the middle of the pan, where less hot air was circulating. They have to temp at 160.

depending on size, they might cook quite well in the same pan. just leave a little room between them for the air and heat to circulate.

I always make two chickens at the same time. One to eat and one to freeze. I use my 14 inch Lodge Cast iron skillet and the chickens roast at 450 for 15 minutes, then at 325 for a little over one hour. They come out a beautiful deep golden color, are juicy and soooo very delicious. Each chicken roasts on it's own weight so the temp and time are the same as for one chicken.

Back
Top Bottom