Crockpot Sweet & Sour Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
I found this recipe yesterday, and thought it looked delicious! I'm going to try it soon.

Recipe deleted to prevent copyright violations.

Last edited:
I bet this would be good with a chopped vidalia in it!
BTW, when you do tell us how it went, also include which brand of french dressing you used.
Thanks!

jkath, I usually make my own with Miracle Whip Lite, Brooks catsup, lemon juice, a little horseradish and a little Lea and Perrins.

Peppe, I got to looking at the original recipe, and boneless chicken breasts are what it called for.
Tonight's the night.
Instead of using the crock-pot, as all I have are two large leg quarters, I put the chicken in the oven at 325. I added baby carrots, a tsp of ground ginger, a tablespoon of soy sauce, and substituted Catalina dressing for the creamy French.
We shall see...

Well, the chicken had the whole kitchen smelling wonderful while it was cooking, but I'm afraid I can say it was only "so-so". My husband thought it was great, though. He cooked the rice, and it was a little chewy to me, so that may have been part of my problem. Also, my baby carrots were a little old, and I only had frozen peppers to put it. The chicken itself was good. I think the recipe may have possibilities, but I was disappointed in it. I think my own homemade sweet & sour sauce would have been better than the dressing.

Back
Top Bottom