Double Fried Crispy Chicken Wings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Stirling and I are also the perfect couple. I like both parts and Stirling doesn't want wings. He says they are too fiddly.

My 92 year old father-in-law just recently discovered that he can cook wings for himself. He also found what I believe to be a truism about wings - that it didn't do him any good to cook two meals worth at once. He said that once he started eating them he didn't stop until they were gone, and he is not normally a big eater any time. He now just makes enough for one meal.

I made wings for him a couple of Sundays ago. Liberally seasoned with a mild jerk seasoning spice mix, then dredged in flour and pan fried. Simple and tasty. :chef:

I welcome this recipe as I've now geared myself towards cast iron frying chicken and will be disposing of my $49 Presto fryer. I never had luck with that thing. Chicken drummettes was all I used it for. It took a lot of oil each time. Then I had to save the oil, store it. Cleaning my Presto fryer took a good 10-15 minutes each time. A CI pan cleaning took me all of 2 minutes and I didn't use that much oil.

Next up is learning how to pan fry pork chops.
Shake 'N Bake is how I cook bone in pork chops at present.
I wanna try cooking up pork chops in my CI pan. No idea how to proceed.
"The other white meat."

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom