Duck Skin Crisps?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nick_cooks

Assistant Cook
Once upon a time, at a Thai food restaurant, I got like this coconut curry with duck. It was pretty okay, but the crazies thing about it was this like fried duck-skin crisp that was used as a garnish. It has stuck in my mind since then, and I've been looking for a way to recreate that for a soup I'll be making for Thanksgiving. I'd appreciate any help you can give me!

When I'm deconstructing a duck, I cut up the skin and toss it in a pan and heat it up to render the fat for other uses. As the fat melts off the skin, the skin browns and crisps. Deee-licious!

IMHO the crispy skin is the best part of the duck!!! Yummmm...

Just like Andy, I finish off the skin from a baked duck by dry-frying it in a skillet fat side down until crispy and fully rendered. And I do the same thing with turkey and baked chicken skin. My kids and I draw lots to see who gets it! :LOL:

My eldest daughter refuses to even try it because, "It's all dark meat!", and she doesn't like dark meat poultry.

My eldest daughter refuses to even try it because, "It's all dark meat!", and she doesn't like dark meat poultry.

What is up with kids and being afraid of "dark" meat.

When I was a kid, I was all about the dark meat, because it tasted good without having to cover it in a huge lake of gravy (not that I didn't do it anyway)...

What's the obsession with the driest, least flavorful portion of the meat? :huh:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom