Ducks roasted but in the simplest way.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nucleus

Cook
Basically I just dip ducks in large bucket into icy salty water over night. Next day I take the bird out and place it in larger old roaster pot right onto apples cut into quartes, 5 apples is plenty. Little bit of pepper on the skin, 3 cups of water under and there they go into the oven for slow roasting usually for 2-1/2 hours at 375°F - 190°C plus at the end lid gets opened for 20 minutes for browning. This is very simple way of cooking and roasting ducks but results are gr8.

Attachments

• ducks_roasted_recipe.jpg
    ducks_roasted_recipe.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 268
looks like absolutely fine results to me, nuke! However, those look like peaches or apricots in the bowls lurking behind the main event. What did you use those for?

Yes they are apricots from large can, in our family we always have fruit like that as for sider with all main meals. Fruit goes the best when having poultry with rice however. In my opinion duck is nice with potatoes cooked in skin, potato salad (like on the photo) or steamed dumplings, and some fruit sider. I believe duck has gr8 flavour on its own that's why the simplicity to keap it real, as long as it's soft.

Attachments

• duck_potato_salad.jpg
    duck_potato_salad.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom