Hey y'all, here is a simple and yummy ground turkey recipe you can whip up in no time for those busy week nights. You can make it an Asian infused rice or noodle bowl! This recipe is versatile and affords creativity!
Overall cooking time is about 30-35 minutes. It is a home run in my household and a good way to disguise and incorporate some veggies into the diets of your picky little eaters! Enjoy!
Here are the ingredients I normally use, but you can substitute them to your liking:
3lbs of lean ground turkey (I normally feed a family of four and like to have some left overs for lunch - reduce weight accordingly)
1 pack of veggie noodles/spaghetti (substitute noodles or white rice of your choice)
2 tablespoons of pure olive oil (you can use any oil of preference)
1 and 1/2 teaspoons of minced garlic
1 cup of reduced sodium soy sauce (1/2 cup per lb of ground turkey)
2 tablespoons of sherry vinegar (or red wine vinegar of your choice)
2 tablespoons of dark brown sugar
Veggies: (feel free to add your spin & incorporate veggies of your liking. This is the part where you can get creative)
3 large shaved carrots
1 cup of baby spinach
7 Easy Steps:
1) Using a medium to large sauce pan, set stove to medium-high heat and add olive oil and minced garlic to sauce pan. Stir and cook until garlic has softened and become translucent.
2) Add and begin cooking ground turkey until browned. Be sure to break apart any clumps of ground turkey while stirring. Drain any excess liquid and fat. Add sherry vinegar/red wine vinegar and stir for an additional 2-3 minutes.
3) Set stove to medium-low and incorporate reduced sodium soy sauce and dark brown sugar while stirring. (If you're making rice or boiling pasta, now is the time to start cooking that side.) Stir occasionally for a few more minutes.
4) Reduce heat to low and add shaved carrots and mushrooms (or veggies of your choice) while stirring occasionally until the veggies are thoroughly blended in the ground turkey and the mushrooms have softened. Stir for an additional 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat to simmer. Add spinach on top of ground turkey. Cover the sauce pan and the heat will wilt the spinach.
5) Drain pasta/finish cooking rice.
6) Stir the ground turkey so that the spinach is evenly distributed. Serve ground turkey over your pasta of choice/rice bowl.