Easy Chicken Recipes Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Creamy lemon chicken.

Parmesan chicken is also a favorite around here. Mix together 1/2 cup fine bread crumbs and 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese (use Kraft, it works better than the fresh stuff in this recipe). In a flat bottom bowl, melt some butter (1/3 cup ish) and put in some crushed garlic, about 1tbsp worcestershire sauce and 1 tbsp dijon mustard. Drag the thawed and patted dry chicken breast through the liquid mixture and then dip in the bread crumb mixture, place in casserole dish. (If you have extra crumbs put them in a ziploc in the freezer for next time.) If you have leftover liquid, drizzle it over the breasts in the casserole dish. Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes and serve with rice or pasta.

Our other favorite is Chicken Cacciatore and man is that one fast and easy meal. Kids love it. Use either chicken breast or deboned thighs. Place in casserole dish, sprinkle brown sugar on each piece of meat. (about 1 tsp each) In a small bowl, mixe together 1 can tomato soup, and fill can with salsa and add to soup, toss in some oregano and basil and stir til blended. Spoon over the meat, and be generous. Sprinkle lots of mozzarella over all, cover and bake for 40 minutes or so. When there is only 5-10 minutes left, uncover and sprinkle more cheese on. The original cheese will have melted into the sauce and this last bit is to just brown up a bit while you toss the salad and serve up. Serve with pasta, the sauce is excellent with it.

We take some bonleess/skinless chicken breasts or tenders, bake in a parchement paper packet with oil, lemon juice, onions (I carmalize first), black pepper, and seasoning salt....delicious.

Another one - chicken tenders work best or cut chicken breasts in "fingers".

Crush melba toast and season wtih garlic powder, salt, pepper, favorite dried herbs (parsley, marjoram, a little thyme is what I like). Coat chicken in egg white then dip in coating mixture. Fry in some olive oil and a bit of butter until done.

I really over-season my coating as it then gives some good flavor to each bite.

I really over-season my coating as it then gives some good flavor to each bite.
Will you share what seasonings you put into your coating? Always looking for new ideas.... (I'm a "Brain-Picker!")

Will you share what seasonings you put into your coating? Always looking for new ideas.... (I'm a "Brain-Picker!")

That's a good question ChefJune - I more or less open the spice cupboard and grab. Standards are garlic powder, onion powder, fried chicken seasoning (McCormick), thyme, parsley, kosher salt, pepper - and sometimes marjoram, rosemary, poultry seasoning, oregano - - - - I mix these in with my melba crumbs. There could be more stuff I mix in but I can't think of them at the moment.

It's nothing earth-shattering or even different, really.

Here are a few I've posted in the past. They're all pretty quick and easy. Good luck!

Balsamic Rosemary Chicken Breasts

Easy Parmesan Garlic Chicken

BBQ Chicken Casserole

If you have a little time to prep and cook ahead, this actually is a quick recipe because you have a couple dinners' worth to freeze, too. It's great with rice or pasta!
Chicken Scampi

And the easiest is probably Speedy Mexican Chicken:

Mix together equal parts of sour cream (need to use regular, not low fat) and salsa. I usually do a cup of each. If the salsa is runny, drain it a bit.

Place skinless boneless chicken breasts in a pan sprayed with non-stick spray and top with the salsa mixture. Top with shredded cheddar cheese and bake at 400 for about 30 minutes, or until chicken is tender (depends on how thick the pieces are--for thinner, go more for 20 minutes, thicker, closer to 30).

Let sit for a few minutes and serve with rice.

Hi Everyone-
I've had trouble finding the time to get back here since Tuesday when I made the drunken chicken, thanks pds, it was so good. I have checked out all of your ideas and love them. Ill be trying things from this thread over the next few weeks. Ill let you know how they turn out. This weekend I am learning how to make my Moms spaghetti sauce. YUM. She is a little Irish lady who makes killer Italian food.

I really appreciate all of your responses. Thank you again.

Hi Everyone-
I've had trouble finding the time to get back here since Tuesday when I made the drunken chicken, thanks pds, it was so good. I have checked out all of your ideas and love them. Ill be trying things from this thread over the next few weeks. Ill let you know how they turn out. This weekend I am learning how to make my Moms spaghetti sauce. YUM. She is a little Irish lady who makes killer Italian food.

I really appreciate all of your responses. Thank you again.

I'm glad you liked it.
We haven't had it in a long time... I'll have to make it again soon.:)

This is the simple version of Roman Chicken. The recipe Giada DeLaurentis uses is WAY too complicated!

POLLO ROMANO

1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 ounces pancetta (or bacon), finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 (3 1/2 to 4 pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 (16-ounce) can diced tomatoes and the juice
2 green bell peppers, seeded and cut into strips
2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into strips
Salt and pepper

In a 5 or 6 quart saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the pancetta and cook slowly to render the fat. Remove all but 4 tablespoons of the fat-oil mixture from the pan and add the garlic and chicken, cooking until chicken and garlic begin to brown. Add the wine and cook 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and peppers, season with salt and pepper to taste and simmer, uncovered, 45 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.

I'm going to make this recipe this week~ thanks for posting it!
Excellent topic!

Im fairly new to cooking and Im looking for easy, quick and yummy chicken recipes with step by step instructions to get me ramped up.

Things with 3 chicken breasts in a baking dish with something crunchy or a yummy sauce, and a side dish.

I just looked through the nurse erin thread and other threads and need specific recipes if anyone has, not just chicken suggestions.

tr y kraft.com they always have good easy recipes:chef:

It's a whole chicken recipe but beer can chicken!!! We made 4 at once on the grill for Labor day, I tried it in the oven last week because it was too cold for me to go look at the grill. Such a freeze baby, I don't know why I live here.

Anyway epicurious has a good one with a really easy dry rub. MM I think I better go buy a chicken today!

The EASIEST I've found is to put chicken breasts, thighs or whatever, in heavy tin foil. Add lots of SPICEY Itallian dressing. Cook at the normal oven temps and times. It takes just a minute to prepare and is guaranteed to be tender, moist, and succulent every time. Even do it on the grill in its foil pack. Or...leave out the spicey Itallian and add a stick of butter and whatever veggies you want. Corn, carrots, mushrooms, etc. were my favorite.

Don

Rice Crispy Chicken

my family and friends love this and so do I since i make this fairly often I buy a box of crispy rice cereal and grate a whole box of cereal in the blender and then store it in a zip bag in the freezer to have on hand.

chicken breasts..skinless I use the split breats with bones (can use boneless)
1 stick of butter
crushed rice crispies

melt butter in a bowl or pan a little bigger than a piece of chicken..let it cool a little. Then put a piece of chicken in the melted butter to coat then roll in crushed rice crispies and put in 9x13 baking dish. After you have coated all the chicken you can drizzle any remaining butter over it and sprinkle more of the coating over it if you want. Bake at 350 for 45 mins to an hour..or till done.

I usually brine chicken in salt water a few hours before cooking it. You can add salt to the butter if you like. I have added garlic power to the butter sometimes too.

This recipe came from a friend of a friend of friend -- you know how that works.

Salsa Chicken

In a Crockpot
Place chicken breasts (4-6) in the bottom of the crock pot. Then mix 1 can black beans, 1 jar of salsa, 1 can of corn and 1 taco seasoning packet in large bowl. Pour over chicken and let the crockpot go.
HIGH- 3-4 HRS.
One hour before serving -mix in 1 cup of brown rice. or white.
Note :
I always serve the rice on the side instead. I have avacodos, shredded cheese, sour cream for topping.
If you have any leftovers. shredd the chicken add some of the beans corn and rice heat it up ,and then wrap it up in a tortilla . great for lunch the next day.
some times I add 1/2 cup of sour cream to the crockpot when it done.

Pantry Chicken

Chicken, I used Leg Quarters (great sale on them)

Cut up tomatoes (skin them if you want)
and/or
Canned Diced Tomatoes
and/or
Canned Crushed Tomatoes
and/or
Tomato Paste

Garlic, peeled and smashed

Oregano, Fresh or Dried

Peppers, fresh or frozen, or don't use at all, I don't always have peppers on hand. Also, and I haven't thrown in any yet, but it probably won't hurt to put in some hot pepper too

Onions, fresh or frozen

Basically, what happened is that I wanted to use up some of the canned product, and I wanted to cook chicken. So I threw what I had in the pantry, in the pot, looked at it and said, yea, that's the consistency I want. I washed the chicken and threw it in the pot of tomatoes, put in the spices I wanted to use and put the cover on and let it cook for an hour or an hour in a half.

I wanted to clean out the pantry and replenish. In other words, wanted to use stuff up before it expired. Sales are great, but not worth it if you don't use the product up before it expires.

Now I made a boo boo when I made this recipe. The first boo boo was that I didn't write what I threw in there. Two, I never measure. Third mistake was feeding it to my husband. He claimed it tasted like his Dad's Caccitore recipe and now he wants this all the time. I did my best to remember exactly what I threw in there. But he's liked whatever I thought I put in there, as long as it's a tomato product, canned or fresh, he's loving it. Fresh tomatoes are starting to fade out, so I'm gonna have to figure on keeping canned in the pantry, LOTS of canned tomato products cuz I can see him bugging me for this on a cold winter day. :)

It sort of winds up like a spaghetti sauce, so I served it over spaghetti.

Enjoy!!!

letscook that sounds really good! My last boneless breasts in the crockpot got really dry though, probably just cooked too long. Do they turn out ok at high temp?

Perfect "fried" chicken every time. This method, though not the only way to make perfectly juicy chicken, was taught to me by my MOL, a wonderful lady, and it hasn't failed me in 30 years of making meals. The chicken comes out perfect every time, so tender, and so juicy that it will squirt you in the first bite, so have napkins ready.

Ingredients:
1 whole, cut up chicken
2 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
salt
pepper
sage
3 tbs. chicken soup base (optional)
1/8 cup milk
Cooking Oil to fill a frying pan to 3 inches deep

Preheat oven to 375' F.
Preheat the oil in a heavy frying pan.

Beat the milk and eggs together in a shallow bowl to make egg-wash. Combine the flour, chicken soup base, and pepper in a large platic freezer bag. Dry the chicken with paper towels. Coat the chicken with the egg-wash by dipping and turning. Place the pieces, one at a time, into the bag and shake until coated. Shake off excess coating and repeat until all pieces are coated. place the chicken into the hot oil, taking care to not overcrowd the pan, and lightly brown all sides. Remove and place onto a foil-lined baking sheet. Put into the oven and bake for 40 minutes. Remove, lightly salt, and serve with your favorite side dishes.

Here's a killer cole-slaw to go with it.
Ingredients:
1 head green or purple cabbage.
1 onion
3 carrots
1/2 cup Miracle Whip Salad Dressing, or equivalent.
2 tbs. sugar, or Splenda
3/4 cup ice water

Shred the cabbage, carrots, and onion with a box grater, or food processor. Combine with the salad dressing and sweetener. Add ice water and stir. Taste. Correct the salad dressing, water ratio. This slaw whould be very juicy, with a bit of sweetness. It should almost quench you thirst when you eat it, with the full flavor of all ingredients combining in your mouth.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North.

Back
Top Bottom