Fancy chicken recipes and others!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

otuatail

Senior Cook
Hi. I know this is in the Chicken, Turkey & other Fowl frum but it needn't be. I came across a shelf with honey. I have heard that you can make amazing recipes with honey. Never tried it. I assume Chicken/turkey would be the best but what do I know!

Any ideas on gourmet honey recipes would be a fun thing to have a go at. I am not bad at adventurous cooking so anything from basic to very adventurous would be cool. We are in a kind of lock down and I am flexing my muscles here. Never made chow main but now I can.

TIA

Desmond.

Last edited:
This is one of my favorite salmon recipes, and could easily be adapted for chicken breast or thighs...

4 salmon filets, skin on
1 tablespoon oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
chopped parsley for garnish, if desired

Season salmon with salt and pepper.
Add oil to a large skillet over medium high heat.
Once hot add in the salmon skin side down.
Cook salmon for 5-7 minutes on skin side (depending on size).

Very carefully flip salmon. If the skin is sticking to the pan give it more time to cook. It should release easily from the pan.

Add garlic to the pan and cook for 1 minute.

Combine honey and lemon juice in a small bowl. Add the sauce to the pan.
Continue cooking for 1-3 minutes or until the salmon is fully cooked and looks opaque and the sauce is thick.

Take off of the heat. When the salmon is cool enough to handle peel off the skin.
Serve immediately with a sprinkle of chopped parsley for garnish, if desired.

I've done very similar with Salmon. I always start with the skin up and brown the serving side first. This prevents me from crusting or burning it. Skin side down lets me leave it if it is thicker than I realized and have to coook longer.

works for me, ;)

actually have a piece of salmon defrosting right now... supper coming up

GotGarlic

Only problem I have in the UK is [honey lemon garlic chicken]

1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon

Honey-Soy Glazed Salmon with Bok Choy Recipe

1 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup honey

What are cups in grams etc.

Maybe if I knew how big a US cup was, I could buy one and then work things out.

Last edited:
GotGarlic

1/2 cup honey

1 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup honey

Here's a converter you can use to rewrite the recipe.

https://www.unitconverters.net/

Honey-Mustard Glazed Ham, so easy, so yummy.

Ingredients: bone-in smoked ham, or picnic
1/2 drinking glass full of honey
1 bottle of spicy, stone ground mustard
3 eating style tbs. water
a dash of ground cloves

Fire up the charcoal grill with all of the coals on one side, or light one burner of your gas grill. Make deep sliced int the top and sides of the ham, from front to back, about half the size of your little finger apart.

Combine the honey, water and cloves. Add a tsp or so of the mustard. Stir until well combined and taste. add more mustard, stir and taste. Repeat until you get that just right balance of sweet and sour. This should be a thin syrup consistency. Add more water as required

Brush the ham all over with the honey glaze, working it between the ham slices. Place the ham on the cool side of the grill, with a drip pan filled half way with water underneath it. Cook at a grill temp of 175 degrees C. for 20 minutes. Brush with more glaze. Cook for 40 minutes more, brushing with glaze every ten minutes. Remove from the grill to a platter, and brush once more with the glaze.

Serve with roasted potato, or sweet potato, and Yorkshire Pudding, filled with current jelly.

This same glaze will work with other meats either grilled or baked. Great candidates are chicken, duck, turkey, lamb, and pork. I wouldn't use it on beef or goose. It would also be good on swordfish, sole, red snapper, trout, and other mild fish. i think it would go well with scallops.

Another great honey based sauce that will work with all of the above is a simple combination of honey, lime, and chili powder.and glace steamed carrots with it. Add honey-butter to mashed swede (neep, rutabaga), with a little pepper.

Foe another great use of honey, ,oix it with a little butter

Hope these give you ideas.:mrgreen:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Cup cake/muffin tin thighs. There is both honey and pure maple syrup in the glaze/sauce. You need a smoker to do these right.

36788-albums1069-picture6921.jpg

GotGarlic

1/2 cup honey

1 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup honey

Do you have Anchor-Hocking products there? All of my measuring cups (usually by them) have both on. Cups and ounces (liquid) on one side and ml and dl on the other side.

Basically and roughly - 1 cup = 2.5 dl = 1/4 L ergo 2 cups = 5 dl = 1/2 L.
So just divide your measures from there. If you're over/under 10 ml in a sauce I doubt you would notice the difference.

I haven't got a clue what you mean. Do you have Anchor-Hocking products there? I live in the UK. I don't know what a DL is either.

Last edited:
I haven't got a clue what you mean. Do you have Anchor-Hocking products there? I live in the UK. I don't know what a DL is either.

Anchor Hocking are an international manufacturer of tempered glassware. When I googled it the name Scot Bros came up as the official distributor for the UK and Ireland.

Does that help?

They (A-H) produce glass food storage, bakeware, drinkware, barware, jars and more

decilitre = to one tenth of a liter.
mililitre = to one hundreth of a liter

how do you measure your liquids?

Last edited:
This is the kind of measuring cup that Dragnlaw is talking about. It has metric measurements on one side and US cups and fluid ounces on the other.

41kz6uwzrkL._SX300_.jpg

I just checked Amazon.co.uk and they have sort of similar measuring jugs, but they are metric and imperial measure. Recipes from the US use US measures and an imperial fluid ounce is not the same size as a US fluid ounce. The cups and quarts are also different sizes.

taxy - the difference is not going to make a huge difference. I've often used American recipes with my measures - and I can't tell the difference. I doubt the majority of people would.

taxy - the difference is not going to make a huge difference. I've often used American recipes with my measures - and I can't tell the difference. I doubt the majority of people would.

Perhaps. But, I just wanted to point out that just using UK measures, is not the same thing. Their quarts are bigger and their fluid ounces are smaller. If it's not going to be exact, may as well use the approximations from metric.

Chicken in Balsamic Honey Glaze with roast vegetables

(I use this recipe) Modest skill level and you won't need much Honey

Roasting Vegetables required

16 ounces baby red potatoes, quartered
2 cups cherry tomatoes2 tablespoons olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 pound asparagus, trimmed (if you like it or use a bag of baby carrots)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leave

Chicken Prep

2 to 3 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

In a medium bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, honey, Dijon, garlic, oregano and basil; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
In a gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl, combine balsamic vinegar mixture and chicken; marinate for at least 30 minutes to overnight and turn the bag a few times as the chicken marinates. Drain the marinade from the chicken before placing it in the baking utensil.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or use nonstick spray.

Place potatoes and tomatoes in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Place chicken around potatoes and tomatoes in a single layer.

Or if you have a large cast iron or all metal skillet you could use it.

Place into oven and roast until the chicken is completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 25-30 minutes. Stir in asparagus if you like it during the last 10 minutes of cooking time.

Allow to rest 2 or 3 minutes before serving, garnish with parsley or rosemary just before serving if desired.

honeybalsamicglazedchickenwithpotatoes-667x1000.jpg

Back
Top Bottom