Ground Turkey Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyndalou

Head Chef
I have a pound of ground turkey thawing and would like some suggestions as to what I can make with it. I made chili earlier this week, so that's out and have been thinking of putting together a turkey loaf. Anyone have other ideas? Thanks.

Turkey Meatloaf is one of my husbands favorites. He also uses ground turkey in pasta sauce instead of beef.

is it the regular ground turkey, or the extra lean ground breast?

we make a lot of tacos, burgers, and "meat"loafs with regular turkey. the lean ground breast is just too dry.

we pan fry our burgers, add ketchup/onions/breadcrumbs/egg to our loafs, and mexican style spice mixes to our tacos.

I made turkey meatballs using 7% fat ground turkey, I used the same ingredients and cooked them the same way that I do for the beef ones and I could hardly tell the difference.

My DW found a recipe earlier today for a chicken & apricot pie using ground chicken, I think ground turkey will do as well. We are going to try it next week. If you are interested I will give you the gist of the recipe.

Lyndalou, if you're still looking for turkey suggestions....

Here's one I saved from RR that sounds yummy

Cordon Croquettes
Cordon Croquettes

A few that sound delish, from eatturkey.com:

Turkey Meatball Kebabs w Yogurt Mint Sauce:
Consumer

Turkey Won Ton(s) (Soup) (YUM! Why didn't I think of that.)
Consumer

Turkey Apple Loaf (This looks similar to my recipe for turkey/apple meatballs):
Consumer

Turkey Pesto Parmesan Meatballs
Consumer

There's some good-looking recipes at eatturkey.com. Just key in ground turkey.

Eatturkey.com - Everything you want to know about turkey. Turkey recipes, turkey preparation tips, thanksgiving recipes.

I have to go buy some ground turkey. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom