Help...Always tough chicken breasts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I steam chicken breast (with bone) for 10 minutes. Chicken breast is almost cooked through but still very juicy. Let it cool so that I can handle it. Press breast to loosen the texture, tear or shred into pieces. Sauté or stir-fry breast pieces with vegetables and mushrooms. It tastes pretty good.

chicken

i eat a lot of chicken. i too buy the large bags of breast or thighs. i think thighs have more flavor. at any rate , err on the side of not cooked through.you can always pop in micro for 30 seconds . nuke in 20 or 30 seconds increments. always tender , juciy and cooked through.

babe

I met Bobby Flay at the South Beach Food and Wine Festival and asked him to please clear up this mystery, as I'm starting to hate cooking chicken. He said by far, the most common reason for tough chicken is overcooking and better to leave bone in and skin on. I was lucky enough to eat his fried chicken breast that took him about 10 min to make. Juicy and tender of course! I have also stopped using frozen chicken because that seems to be worse. I also avoid large thick breasts. I pound it so it is more uniform and takes less time to cook. A quick sear on high heat to get some color. Then into a 350 oven for about 10 min. Still, the most tender fall-off-the-bone chicken comes from poaching, like making soup. For this, I put a whole fryer into a pot along with veg, etc., cover with water, bring to a boil, reduce to a very low simmer and cook covered, for 1 hour. Great for making chicken salad too. Good luck!

I luckily don't have that problem. My family won't eat white meat. We feed it to our cats. I mostly buy thighs or leg quarters. They are always moist, even if accidentally overcooked! Much more flavor, too!

It definitely sounds like a case of overcooking to me, as most everyone else has said. If you're taking it out of the freeze, make sure it's totally thawed as well before hand.

I don't have a grill to cook on, but whenever I cook chicken, I pan sear it at a nice high temperature, covered, flip it after about seven minutes, give it another seven and then poke it with a nice sharp knife. If the juice is clear, you're safe. I then remove it and cover it with tin foil for another five to ten minutes or until the rest of my cooking is done. Perfect every time.

Sandy, the most common reason for tough chicken breasts is overcooking...

I met Bobby Flay at the South Beach Food and Wine Festival and asked him to please clear up this mystery, as I'm starting to hate cooking chicken. He said by far, the most common reason for tough chicken is overcooking...

It sure looks like Bobby Flay is in good company.

Well, I recommended steaming them. Usaully for a period between 15-20 min. Always comes out soft when i do it. Hope it helped

I like to make tenders out of chicken breast. I typically season and bread them, but I battered them and fried them last time. Im going to try beer battered tenders at some point in the next few days...

Back
Top Bottom